Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

31 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Lukas’ goal was the highlight of the night but watching Nish hand over the man of the match trophy is something else. He was completely gutted… nice to see

We should all  be gutted that Colin Nish scored a hatrick against us - soured the evening for me*

Spoiler

Not as much as the fact that I fucked off at 6-2 and heard the equaliser on the radio in the car at Harthill 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Ian Crocker seemed to take an unexpected level of joy out of people leaving early and missing the comeback.

It is enjoyable though.  It feels like a reward for those who stick with the team.

I can't help but smile when I hear stories of Liverpool fans who left their champions league final at 3-0 down to Milan.

Slightly lower stakes but me and my dad were on holiday up north when we drew 3-3 with Celtic under McCall. I listened to the whole game on the radio while I was up a hill and had a very confusing conversation with him once I got back until I figured out that he'd turned the TV off after they made it 3-2 and hadn't heard the final score.

What a story Mark, etc.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

The only thing that would make it better would be a supporter going on a fan phone in moaning about the result completely unaware of the comeback ....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/21534620

To be (slightly) fair, that was a bit less of a comeback as they still lost on aggregate to miss out on a place in the Final.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Just dropping in to say I'd support us signing shay logan and him playing 5 games and spending the rest of the season calling celtic fans bald please.

And plumbing the homes of Lanarkshire

15 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Well...no real surprise given the fairly obvious holes in the squad I suppose.

The keeper chat is interesting given Fox extending and the uncertainty around Carson.

1766440736_ScreenShot2021-06-10at16_15_48.thumb.png.5bb50b02666abce779c7d1b090d4d826.png

I can't imagine that they typed "Midfield up and downer" into their fancy data analytics scouting app.

1 minute ago, Swello said:

I can't imagine that they typed "Midfield up and downer" into their fancy data analytics scouting app.

I dare you to mention that to Nixon.

You'll be blocked and called a w****r via retweet within seconds.

At the risk of being this guy:

5csssy.jpg

it's fair to say that they're pretty loose with their interpretations of "soon" and "shortly" around Fir Park...17 and 21 days respectively:

1698183149_ScreenShot2021-06-10at19_24_09.thumb.png.6d25b2dd9f06181beffc26a8acf04f94.png

1202666985_ScreenShot2021-06-10at19_55_19.thumb.png.8f83b996f527cca6e44c222b771b26c0.png

(I say that knowing that Foyle's replacement already informally announced taking the position via his LinkedIn)

Edited by capt_oats

On 08/06/2021 at 23:04, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've been to Stoke and it's a fucking shitehole. His wife is clearly much more easy going than that Polworth woman

Stoke is a dump but Burton is quite nice tbf. Or at least the surrounding villages are. Was there with work today. Home to Marstons brewery and St George’s Park, not that I’m remotely interested in either.  

Now that football is inevitably being noticed by lots of people who don't normally pay much attention - interesting to see the beginnings of a twitter storm about Scotland doing the "taking a stand" thing. When 'Well stopped taking the knee, it was explained well and felt like quite a principled thing to me - and it passed without much comment...