Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Lucky Long.........he might get to see Eddie Nolan 

It's actually a pretty decent move for him. League 1 and if Google Maps is anywhere near accurate it's about an hour from his house.

Clearly delighted to have signed.

E3SBvhQX0AQi7lX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Long would have been good to have around. Alexander seemed to get more out of him this season than Robinson did but his attitude in the first half of the season was shocking.

I hope Crewe have given the torn faced b*****d the number 9 shirt.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Robinson confirmed at Morecambe.

I see he's keeping their previous assistant manager but has brought O'Carroll in as First Team Coach.

Good luck to him, really hope it works out.

Crewe seems to me like the kind of move Long could have got himself this time last year, had he not had an over inflated opinion of his own ability and saved both us and him the season of him being a moody, expensive substitute. 

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

It's actually a pretty decent move for him. League 1 and if Google Maps is anywhere near accurate it's about an hour from his house.

Clearly delighted to have signed.

E3SBvhQX0AQi7lX?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So excited he forgot to do up his fly. 

Fox signs a 1 year deal.

Presumably this means Morrison's away out on loan given this is what he was saying at the end of the season:

The Motherwell prospect believes the QPR keeper is a great example of what loans can achieve: “We will see in the summer what the plan is for me at Motherwell, whether that’s going out on loan again or not. Graham Alexander (Motherwell manager) hasn’t been in very long so I haven’t spoken to him too much.

“But he knows I have got another year left on my contract. He knows I need to play games. I have been really lucky. Liam Kelly has come through the same path as I have, going out on loan and getting games. It’s brilliant to see that this path works out, going out on loan and catching the eye for Premiership level. Liam is a great goalkeeper and a great guy.”

Link

Edited by capt_oats

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Fox signs a 1 year deal.

Presumably this means Morrison's away out on loan given this is what he was saying at the end of the season:

Hmmm - is he really signing on as 3rd Keeper? Carson's position is a bit weird at the moment - has he been seen in Paisley at any point?

27 minutes ago, Swello said:

Hmmm - is he really signing on as 3rd Keeper? Carson's position is a bit weird at the moment - has he been seen in Paisley at any point?

Aye, on the face of it it's up in the air. Doubly so because of the Kelly situation as well - I mean, we've been extra public about wanting him so it suggests that we're after another GK one way or another and it doesn't seem like a decision will be made until later in the window until QPR work out what they're doing.

Given Alexander's chat about wanting players in whose fitness we can rely on then rightly or wrongly it puts a question mark over whether he'd be happy to go into the season with Carson as his #1 and if that's not the case where does it leave Trev? Do Morecambe happen to need a 'keeper by chance?

Tbh, I get the impression from Fox that he'd be happy enough to take a squad role as long as he's getting paid though,

Edited by capt_oats

8 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye, on the face of it it's up in the air. Doubly so because of the Kelly situation as well - I mean, we've been extra public about wanting him so it suggests that we're after another GK one way or another and it doesn't seem like a decision will be made until later in the window until QPR work out what they're doing.

Given Alexander's chat about wanting players in whose fitness we can rely on then rightly or wrongly it puts a question mark over whether he'd be happy to go into the season with Carson as his #1 and if that's not the case where does it leave Trev? Do Morecambe happen to need a 'keeper by chance?

Tbh, I get the impression from Fox that he'd be happy enough to take a squad role as long as he's getting paid though,

I think Fox is more than happy to be a squad player, it does however pose more questions than answers. I’m worried about Carson going into next season as number one given his injury record and don’t think Fox is a regular number one, more someone playing the odd game or two.