Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Better the devil you know and all that, FWIW I actually like Long, don't have an issue with him not smiling at all, actually find it weird how 90% of our support lose their minds over it.

From my point of view - I couldn't give a toss if he smiles but there are times where he clearly got discouraged early in games and was worse than useless as a result and he can drive me mad with stupid bookings etc - but I still find it hard to want to get rid of him. 

A large part of me thinks that a player that is more consistent, even if he isn't quite as talented as Long would do us better but I can't quite dismiss the fact that he is a really capable player at our level and if someone  could find his cheat codes, we'd have an excellent player on our hands.

giphy.gif

Taking a look at who's out of contract:

GK: Fox, Chapman
DF: Dunne, Gallagher
MF: Campbell, Polworth, Semple, Cornelius, Foley
FW: Long, Seedorf, Robinson, Cole

Loans: Kelly, Nolan, Magloire, Hastie, Smith, Roberts

We already know Gallagher and Campbell are away (though we need to keep Campbell's deal on the table), you'd think Mrs Polworth will have made her views clear and we've made Cole an offer. We're also keen on sorting something out with Kelly be it a loan or whatever.

That's 5 of 19 accounted for.

Magloire, Hastie, Smith and Roberts are all still contracted to their parent clubs for (at least) another year.

If Seedorf's injured would it be a massive surprise if he was offered a Tanner type deal over the summer? Same with Dunne and Fox especially so in Fox's case give Carson's still coming back from injury and Kelly's situation is up in the air.

Really that only leaves Semple, Cornelius, Foley, Long and Robinson. You'd imagine Chapman and Nolan are away.

We also need to cut about 10 bodies regardless as the current first team numbers are clearly unsustainable. There's not a chance we run with 33 "first team" players (which is how it stands currently)

Edited by capt_oats

19 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Taking a look at who's out of contract:

GK: Fox, Chapman
DF: Dunne, Gallagher
MF: Campbell, Polworth, Semple, Cornelius, Foley
FW: Long, Seedorf, Robinson, Cole

Loans: Kelly, Nolan, Magloire, Hastie, Smith, Roberts

We already know Gallagher and Campbell are away (though we need to keep Campbell's deal on the table), you'd think Mrs Polworth will have made her views clear and we've made Cole an offer. We're also keen on sorting something out with Kelly be it a loan or whatever.

That's 5 of 19 accounted for.

Magloire, Hastie, Smith and Roberts are all still contracted to their parent clubs for (at least) another year.

If Seedorf's injured would it be a massive surprise if he was offered a Tanner type deal over the summer? Same with Dunne and Fox especially so in Fox's case give Carson's still coming back from injury and Kelly's situation is up in the air.

Really that only leaves Semple, Cornelius, Foley, Long and Robinson. You'd imagine Chapman and Nolan are away.

We also need to cut about 10 bodies regardless as the current first team numbers are clearly unsustainable. There's not a chance we run with 33 "first team" players (which is how it stands currently)

Other than the obvious, expect less than 2 from those highlighted

It's landed...

Spoiler

THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS WILL LEAVE AT THE EXPIRY OF THEIR CONTRACT:

Allan Campbell
Aaron Chapman
Findlay Cook
Sam Foley
Declan Gallagher
Paul Hale
Yusuf Hussain
Christopher Long
Ross MacIver
Matthew McDonald
Sam Muir
Liam Polworth
Lewis Robertson
Harry Robinson
Sherwin Seedorf
Jamie Semple
Cammy Williamson

THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS’ LOAN PERIODS WILL END EARLY NEXT MONTH:

Jake Hastie (Rangers)
Liam Kelly (Queens Park Rangers)
Tyler Magloire (Blackburn Rovers)
Eddie Nolan (Crewe Alexandra)
Jordan Roberts (Heart of Midlothian)
Harry Smith (Northampton Town)

THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS HAVE BEEN OFFERED EXTENDED DEALS OR INVITED TO RETURN FOR PRE-SEASON TRAINING:

Devante Cole
Dean Cornelius
Charles Dunne
Scott Fox

Edited by capt_oats

16 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Other than the obvious, expect less than 2 from those highlighted

Pleased that it was the one of the remaining 3 that I hoped would be offered something.

Edited by capt_oats

Guest superward

Can't complaint much about that list in my opinion. 

A shame Semple didn't work out. Had quite high hopes for him. 

Kelly and Robert's hopefully 

“We not only remain in positive discussions with some of our players but also with a number of clubs in relation to one or two players we had on loan, with a view to doing something. But these things take some time."

I assume now MacIver will make the switch to Partick Thistle permanently.

Don’t see us getting Kelly back given the goalkeeper situation at QPR but really hoping Carson is back fit for next season and we’re not stuck with Fox as our number 1.

2 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

I assume now MacIver will make the switch to Partick Thistle permanently.

Don’t see us getting Kelly back given the goalkeeper situation at QPR but really hoping Carson is back fit for next season and we’re not stuck with Fox as our number 1.

Regardless of whether Carson's back fit I want another goalkeeper in as a priority. I'm no exactly brimming with confidence about Trev's Weetabix knees.

21 minutes ago, CSmith said:

THE LIST IS LONG, PRAISE BE THE LIST IS LONG

Strictly speaking, there are 22 others as well. (I presume you didn't engage full on ALL CAPS mode just because of the torn-faced Christopher?)

Sorry to see Hussain go, he looked like he had potential at one point.