Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

One of my favourite Moult goals was the third in the quarter final win against Aberdeen in Sept 2017.  Chasing down a long ball down the right then firing it through the keeper from an angle.

The thing that got me was that Peter Hartley played and scored, 2017? I would have said his involvement was more recent than that, time really is marching on and I am getting old.

9 minutes ago, ropy said:

One of my favourite Moult goals was the third in the quarter final win against Aberdeen in Sept 2017.  Chasing down a long ball down the right then firing it through the keeper from an angle.

The thing that got me was that Peter Hartley played and scored, 2017? I would have said his involvement was more recent than that, time really is marching on and I am getting old.

One of my favourite nights;

One of my favourite Moult goals:

In that wee spell where it felt harder for him not to score than it was to score.

1 minute ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I don't know if I've missed Fir Park quite as much since March 2020 than I did watching that video. Class night.

Aye, one of my all-time favourites that. Absolutely hounding that shite blue Aberdeen kit all over the pitch under the floodlghts and the whole place going mental, three days after I started a new job with a Dons fan gaffer.

It was a terrific performance from us, but had forgotten how much of a shocker their keeper had too. Chucked the first one in, helped the second on its way too, and beat at the near post for the third… almost Chapmanesque.

Edited by Gallus Numpty

To my mind, the only two strikers this century I’d put ahead of Moult are Higdon and McDonald. With Porter and probably Sutton(for consistency if nothing else) rounding off my top 5. 

As things stand, Cole is still sitting along side Curtis Main in the tremendous purple patch section.

Moult was just a bit of a poacher when he first joined but he was much more rounded player by the time he left. In that 17/18 he was incredible and was capable of turning barely half chances into goals. 

40 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I don't know if I've missed Fir Park quite as much since March 2020 than I did watching that video. Class night.

Bowman, one of the finest proponents of the lunge assist, a genre of its own 

10 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

I bet Andy Rose could come in and be exactly as good as he was last time.

I'd have taken Andy Rose NAE BOTHER!

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

One of my favourite nights;

I loved Joe Lewis, He was always shite against us.

(18) Red hot Moult scores stunning volley! - YouTube

I canny get that to load right but if that was Louis Suarez ye'd have never seen the end of that at the time. 

I watched that Aberdeen quarter final in full the other night and I've never missed Fir Park so much. Literally seconds into the game Bowman charged down the Aberdeen kick off and that set the tone for the whole game after that. GMS getting hooked after half an hour while Joe Lewis had his customary stinker against us as well.

I loved the McCall team with Michael Higdon and the sheer amount of sexy football on show but that 2017-18 team is my favourite ever. Whoever we played were going to get battered and it was a great, great laugh to watch.

Can only agree that the 17/18 team was one of my favourites.

I mean, when they were shite they were really shite but when they were up for and taking bodies all over the park it was fucking great fun to watch.

I loved that night against Aberdeen but the Scottish Cup game at Fir Park was even better for me. It's one of the few games I've ever gone to on my own but when Carl Mchugh scored that volley I was hugging everyone. Took a chunk out my shin as well falling over the seats in front. That game was nicely rounded off when Curtis Main launched some teenage Hearts player right back to Gorgie.

Read Moult saying that he's been back fit since March but just hasn't featured for Preston. I can see another bottom half championship or league one team coming in for him. He's definitely got the ability and attitude to succeed at that level, and at the time Preston seemed like the perfect fit for him. Only some hellish bad luck with injury prevented him from doing so. 

As much as I would love him back as much as the next 'Well fan and pissing on anyone's chips isn't normally my thing, but I simply don't think we can compete financially to get him back. I think he also stated when he left that he wanted to be back closer to family, and although he obviously has a great affiliation with MFC and the fans, I don't think sentiment alone will be enough to see him uproot and head north again. 

My biggest fear though, is if Aberdeen or Hibs were able to offer enough to entice him back north. Would be gut wrenching to see him score against us. 

That 3-0 pumping of Aberdeen was a very enjoyable way to spend five minutes at lunch. I’d forgotten a lot about that game.

#announceMoult

How long before the silence on the return of Moult becomes deafening?