Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

As a sentimental b*****d I'd be giving him the armband for the last 2 games. 

Yep 100% this, my only request from wee Al is to take the armband and throw people about for 180 mins

1 hour ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I see we're not happy with Aberdeen for annoucing the Dec deal.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/aberdeen-blasted-motherwell-boss-over-24082626

I am kinda weirded out by us wanting to "keep it quiet". It wasn't a secret he was leaving. Who the f**k cares?

Makes me think the club are up to something. 

18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am kinda weirded out by us wanting to "keep it quiet". It wasn't a secret he was leaving. Who the f**k cares?

Makes me think the club are up to something. 

Could be a number of things....

I am sure they would have preferred end of season to avoid negativity on socials. Which is inevitable if he is in the starting line up v DDee Utd and Ross C - why are we playing him etc etc.

Also with season ticket renewal soon to avoid negativity in that he is moving to a rival club perhaps.  Probably also knowing that Campbell is offski. 

Anyway as you say most fans are quite happy he is leaving because of his rumoured behaviour over contract / extension. 

Cup win on the telly on Friday...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57064421

It's almost exactly 30 years to the day since Motherwell triumphed against Dundee United in one of the most memorable Scottish Cup finals.

Tommy McLean's side beat his brother Jim's United 4-3 after extra time at Hampden and you can re-live the drama on Friday's Scottish Cup Classics.

Off the Ball's Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove will watch the game, as will Steven Thompson and Michael Stewart.

It's on BBC Scotland on Friday from 22:30 BST.

Cup win on the telly on Friday...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57064421

It's almost exactly 30 years to the day since Motherwell triumphed against Dundee United in one of the most memorable Scottish Cup finals.

Tommy McLean's side beat his brother Jim's United 4-3 after extra time at Hampden and you can re-live the drama on Friday's Scottish Cup Classics.

Off the Ball's Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove will watch the game, as will Steven Thompson and Michael Stewart.

It's on BBC Scotland on Friday from 22:30 BST.

I missed the cup final that day which is gutting.

I had a good excuse though given I wasn't born for another 4 months.

Also taking donations for free STs for the unemployed and low-income families:

"In addition, we are launching our Well In scheme, inviting you to make a donation towards season tickets for unemployed persons and low-income families in our area. We are thankful to everyone who would consider such a gesture, and it is possible to do so by visiting donate.motherwellfc.co.uk."

Link

Edited by capt_oats

I was curious of what the club would do after the pledges made last year.

An unbelievable gesture and I’m sure most fans will still happily donate what they can despite it being free of charge.