Casagolda

Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

15 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

Looks great.

What happened to the cardboard cut out fans in the East Stand seats? Have they been relocated?

Yeah, I believe it was mentioned earlier this season that they moved them either to the Copper or O'Donnell stand as they were removing the Hunter Stand seats. They did state that they would give the cut outs to the fans after the end of the season so I wonder how that's going to work out?

49 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

Looks great.

Fir Park may not be perfect, lord knows it has its flaws and idiosyncrasies, but I'm coming over all emotional looking at those pictures. I really wish I could get back in there and hurl abuse in the traditional "yer da'" fashion at some of the donkeys who've sullied the old girl this season.

Is that the same end panel that was there before, it seems to be encroaching on the line of sight which is often an advantage.

A couple of observations from Saturday 

1. as Hibs had a man sent off, Motherwell had to present only 10 men for penalties, Gallagher was the man to stand off the pitch

2. SOD was firing in xAssists, is that a thing?

3. is Dec’s tooth in or out

1 hour ago, ropy said:

1. as Hibs had a man sent off, Motherwell had to present only 10 men for penalties, Gallagher was the man to stand off the pitch

[yer da]
If he wasn't injured then that's pretty poor form from the club captain. For me that's who should be leading by example.

[/yer da]

I genuinely didn’t realise you only had to present a ten if the other team had a man sent off. Surely they should still be punished?

8 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I genuinely didn’t realise you only had to present a ten if the other team had a man sent off. Surely they should still be punished?

You get to pick someone to not take one. What more advantage do you want?

9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I thought that technically having less chance of your goalkeeper taking one would be more of an advantage.

However, the way things with our team are, it wouldn’t surprise me if Kelly happened to be our best penalty taker too.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

I suppose if it goes all the way round it would avoid a situation where one team is back to their first pick and the other one is on their goalie

And Gallagher fancied it less than Kelly? Does either them have previous (good or bad) with penalties?

22 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Jim McLean said:

And Gallagher fancied it less than Kelly? Does either them have previous (good or bad) with penalties?

I'm assuming opting Kelly out of the shootout also means he wouldn't be in goals.

24 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Jim McLean said:

It was handy Kelly staying on

30 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I suppose if it goes all the way round it would avoid a situation where one team is back to their first pick and the other one is on their goalie

I think this is the reason 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

[yer da]
If he wasn't injured then that's pretty poor form from the club captain. For me that's who should be leading by example.

[/yer da]

Could have been dental advice?

14 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Ez5mT_7XEAI1-nG?format=jpg&name=large

Also, who's that just above Higdon?

Pearson?

11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
12 hours ago, Jim McLean said:

Kelly would have been in my original penalty takers  one of the best strikers of a dead ball at the club !!!

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Kelly would have been in my original penalty takers  one of the best strikers of a dead ball at the club !!!

Who was going to take no. 5?  Watt, O’Donnell, someone else?

6 minutes ago, ropy said:

Who was going to take no. 5?  Watt, O’Donnell, someone else?

Think it would have been O’Donnell 

Am a great believer in just putting your laces through the ball (Ahla Tommy Gemmell )

Not sure why goalkeepers don’t take more penalties as they are involved with more dead ball situations than most players on the pitch