Jump to content
Casagolda

Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

Looks great.

What happened to the cardboard cut out fans in the East Stand seats? Have they been relocated?

 

Yeah, I believe it was mentioned earlier this season that they moved them either to the Copper or O'Donnell stand as they were removing the Hunter Stand seats. They did state that they would give the cut outs to the fans after the end of the season so I wonder how that's going to work out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Blink182 said:

Looks great.

Fir Park may not be perfect, lord knows it has its flaws and idiosyncrasies, but I'm coming over all emotional looking at those pictures. I really wish I could get back in there and hurl abuse in the traditional "yer da'" fashion at some of the donkeys who've sullied the old girl this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that the same end panel that was there before, it seems to be encroaching on the line of sight which is often an advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of observations from Saturday 

1. as Hibs had a man sent off, Motherwell had to present only 10 men for penalties, Gallagher was the man to stand off the pitch

2. SOD was firing in xAssists, is that a thing?

3. is Dec’s tooth in or out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ropy said:

1. as Hibs had a man sent off, Motherwell had to present only 10 men for penalties, Gallagher was the man to stand off the pitch

[yer da]
If he wasn't injured then that's pretty poor form from the club captain. For me that's who should be leading by example.

[/yer da]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely didn’t realise you only had to present a ten if the other team had a man sent off. Surely they should still be punished?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I genuinely didn’t realise you only had to present a ten if the other team had a man sent off. Surely they should still be punished?

You get to pick someone to not take one. What more advantage do you want?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

You get to pick someone to not take one. What more advantage do you want?

I thought that technically having less chance of your goalkeeper taking one would be more of an advantage.

However, the way things with our team are, it wouldn’t surprise me if Kelly happened to be our best penalty taker too.

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose if it goes all the way round it would avoid a situation where one team is back to their first pick and the other one is on their goalie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You get to pick someone to not take one. What more advantage do you want?
And Gallagher fancied it less than Kelly? Does either them have previous (good or bad) with penalties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Jim McLean said:
You get to pick someone to not take one. What more advantage do you want?

And Gallagher fancied it less than Kelly? Does either them have previous (good or bad) with penalties?

I'm assuming opting Kelly out of the shootout also means he wouldn't be in goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, Jim McLean said:
You get to pick someone to not take one. What more advantage do you want?

And Gallagher fancied it less than Kelly? Does either them have previous (good or bad) with penalties?

It was handy Kelly staying on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I suppose if it goes all the way round it would avoid a situation where one team is back to their first pick and the other one is on their goalie

I think this is the reason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

[yer da]
If he wasn't injured then that's pretty poor form from the club captain. For me that's who should be leading by example.

[/yer da]

Could have been dental advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Ez5mT_7XEAI1-nG?format=jpg&name=large

 Also, who's that just above Higdon?

Pearson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
12 hours ago, Jim McLean said:
You get to pick someone to not take one. What more advantage do you want?

And Gallagher fancied it less than Kelly? Does either them have previous (good or bad) with penalties?

Kelly would have been in my original penalty takers  one of the best strikers of a dead ball at the club !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Kelly would have been in my original penalty takers  one of the best strikers of a dead ball at the club !!!

Who was going to take no. 5?  Watt, O’Donnell, someone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ropy said:

Who was going to take no. 5?  Watt, O’Donnell, someone else?

Think it would have been O’Donnell 

Am a great believer in just putting your laces through the ball (Ahla Tommy Gemmell )

Not sure why goalkeepers don’t take more penalties as they are involved with more dead ball situations than most players on the pitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...