Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Alexander has done an effective job at keeping us safe and this is the most important thing. Given some of the performances we have had this season this was never a certainty.

On the other hand, I can totally appreciate people being pissed off with the current state of affairs and football that has been getting played (or lack there of) Clearly staying up is the number one priority and Alexander has done that pretty effectively with games to spare. At the same time I'm not going to decry any fan for complaining about some of these performances.

Probably like many, this season has been one of the most disenchanting for me as a fan for obvious reasons. Not being able to go to games, paying season ticket money for shit quality streams/coverage, the attitudes of some of players and some of the nonsense online. It's just been piss poor and I honestly can't wait for the season to be over with. I obviously want us to win tomorrow but the thought of us winning our first trophy in 30 years with no fans  is honestly giving me the fear.

Looking forward,  I'm genuinely hopeful for next season. I think Alexander willl have a lot of scope to change things but the rebuild on his hands is reminisist of 2/3 seasons ago. It's a big job and it wouldn't surprise me if we end up with 3-5 first team players in the starting 11 come July.

My biggest concern for next season is what will happen if we do not get fans back sooner rather than later. I am genuinely worried that our crowd could take a dip long-term if the status quo remains. The club and SPFL really need to start applying pressure on the Government to get some sort of concrete answers about what the plan is for the new season. If things go as they are expected to, there is no reason why 4k can't be sitting in a 13k stadium from the end of July. Another few months of Jock Brown, Lewis Irons and white noise blaring through my speakers might tip me over the edge.

I'd be happy enough with Roberts as a squad player but assume Hearts are paying him more than we'd be prepared to.

Anyway Accies have already had the Spice of Life Stand so I suppose we just have to go with a player. Can we change it depending on who we're playing? Scott McDonald Stand when we're playing Celtic, Dougie Arnott or Ryan Bowman Stand when we're playing Rangers- that sort of thing.

The South Stand is being renamed apparently. The Lionel Ainsworth stand has a nice ring to it.

I’m fully behind ‘The Sir Ian Baraclough Stand’ and nothing else will do for me now.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

There's yer big weird Harry out for the rest of the season as well.

I'm pretty sure he had posted on his IG about a bereavement whilst he's been up here and going by his history the "toughest 6 months of his career" sounds...difficult. 

Edited by capt_oats