Casagolda

Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

51 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Who would be funniest player to score the winner in a cup final for us? Eddie Nolan thunderbolt? Long scoring a screamer then heading immediately down the tunnel at full-time without collecting his medal?

A last minute Polworth daisy-cutter and he immediately jumps into the crowd* to hug his missus.

*Rangers support

Stevie Kirk to put down the microphone, step on to the park and nod in a corner after that two man shuffle eventually pays off.

I know all the cup chat is very much tongue in cheek but I'm foolishly feeling my hopes start to build. I'm sure that will stop with a bang on Wednesday evening when I'm brought back down to earth.

I notice the enthusiasm for the Accies game is such that no-one has even started a thread on it less than 48 hours before kick-off.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I notice the enthusiasm for the Accies game is such that no-one has even started a thread on it less than 48 hours before kick-off.

Accies games - and they deserve a lot of credit for this I suppose - are pretty much the least satisfying fixture going for us and so it's not surprising that folk aren't slevering with excitement. NDP was a total graveyard for us for years and I can only remember the Moult game and (especially) the Ainsworth game as Accies games I actually enjoyed at Fir Park at any time.

Seems that the SPFL are continuing the Season ticket holders strea. And PPV for non TV matches. I wonder how that will affect Motherwell after the Guarentee of 19 matches.

I passed on my question to the well society about donating the tickets or donating the paid season ticket money like the end of the 19/20 season. Haven't heard anything yet.

The first option could allow family's to watch even if they have had a difficult time during Covid. The other could allow Motherwell to recoup an additional 20% of the season ticket money and avoid being in debt to others.

Luton in for Campbell (and Millwall still apparently interested) according to Scott Burns.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Luton in for Campbell (and Millwall still apparently interested) according to Scott Burns.

We'll give you £200k with Hallberg and Wright going to Motherwell.

Dea?

18 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Luton is an absolute hole. 

That is all. 

Agreed - I had the most massively unenjoyably experience of a night out in Luton about 20 years ago...watching over my shoulder every move.

They also film "24 Hours In Police Custody" there...they must be utterly inundated with choice for which cases to show.

6 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We'll give you £200k with Hallberg and Wright going to Motherwell.

Dea?

He's out of contract so we don't actually get much of a say in where he goes (Chris Cadden snaking us to f**k off to MLS  being a case in point). We just ask where to send the invoice.

Kind of related, but I'm almost certain there was an interview with Campbell from a presser he did where he basically said he saw England being his next move and that he fancied a crack at he EFL Championship but I can't find it anywhere and I'm now wondering if I hallucinated it.

16 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol: Genuinely who the f**k is advising Gallagher that he needed Steve Clarke to point that out to him?

"Don't worry Declan, just you sit tight, because Steve Clarke signed you for Scotland he has to take you. You're a contracted Scotland player so don't worry"

"Aw ok great"

For a couple of years now, I've had the gut feeling that Campbell has hit his ceiling as a good Scottish Premiership level player. He has fantastic attitude and work-rate and clearly prides himself on being in peak physical condition, but I don't see him having the technique to go and stand out at a level where hard-working, physical players are ten a penny.

1 minute ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

For a couple of years now, I've had the gut feeling that Campbell has hit his ceiling as a good Scottish Premiership level player. He has fantastic attitude and work-rate and clearly prides himself on being in peak physical condition, but I don't see him having the technique to go and stand out at a level where hard-working, physical players are ten a penny.

I don't know if it's been as long as a couple of years for me but aye. Like fair play to him if he goes to the Championship to give it a bash but would I be shocked to see him turn up at Aberdeen in 3-4 years time? Probably not. 

9 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:
Luton is an absolute hole. 
That is all. 

Do you think there's a similar Luton forum saying Motherwell is a hole?

Thread started by Mrs Polworth. 

12 hours ago, Phillips455 said:

I passed on my question to the well society about donating the tickets or donating the paid season ticket money like the end of the 19/20 season. Haven't heard anything yet.

The Well Society failing to respond to something...well colour me shocked.  

I had to check what division Luton were in. If it was the Conference I would not have been surprised. Imagine my face when they were comfortable mid table Championship.

I have said it a million times everywhere but Celtic should have signed Campbell about 2 years ago and given him rotation with Brown. I am not sure he is "Celtic quality" but I wouldn't be surprised if they asked questions of him this summer too.  I reckon I am a million miles off there but still.