Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just watched Robinson's interview. Why do managers say "the football club" so much? Why not just "the club"? Or even "us"? Is there some contractual obligation to remind everyone what sport they're professionals at?

Not someone I've heard of, but his Twitter spiel "I love Christ! I Live to bring Glory to his name, by the help of the Holy Spirit!", he'll totally fit in in South Lanarkshire...providing the Holy Spirit is Buckie?

North Lanarkshire tbf.

4 hours ago, steelmen said:

Cup draw gives us Morton, Edinburgh city, Berwick rangers and Queen's Park

I'm fucking delighted with that - Ive had a bizarre hankering for a game against Berwick Rangers for years - we better be away for it..... 

If last season is anything to go by we were at home to the second seeds and the lowest seeded team so that would be Morton and Edinburgh City at home

I'd be delighted if that was the case. Summertime trips to Berwick and Hampden? That'll do for me.

I'm fucking delighted with that - Ive had a bizarre hankering for a game against Berwick Rangers for years - we better be away for it..... 

We had a great day out there last season guys... You canny top the fish n chip van in the stadium after a few sherbits on the way there either [emoji106]

Saw on Twitter that we were apparently in for Martin Boyle but he decided to sign a new contract with Hibs.

A decent player any time I saw him but not too disappointed to miss out. Pleased with the two signings so far and it should be interesting to see who else comes in.

10 hours ago, Griff Sheridan said:

Not someone I've heard of, but his Twitter spiel "I love Christ! I Live to bring Glory to his name, by the help of the Holy Spirit!", he'll totally fit in in South Lanarkshire...providing the Holy Spirit is Buckie?

The Main Stand will keep him happy with all the shouts of 'Jesus Christ' that come from there!

Enjoying the seethe you lot have created with this signing. A raft of middle aged men squealing on the Internet about the "shite Jock league" thats basically non-league football.

Glorious.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Enjoying the seethe you lot have created with this signing. A raft of middle aged men squealing on the Internet about the "shite Jock league" thats basically non-league football.

Glorious.

It's quite special. It happened last year with McHugh as well. The most satisfying part is that they genuinely can't seem to process it. This thread is superb: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/bigi-joins-motherwell.76850/ they keep coming back to the idea that Motherwell must be chucking money at him and that's the only reason that he's moved. By all accounts he does seem to have been one of their lower earners but let's face it, no one's moving to FIr Park to get rich.

Robinson indicated in his interview yesterday that both players had offers on the table that had better wages and that's not difficult to believe. It actually says a lot for both Robinson and Alan Burrows in terms of their ability to sell the club to players. It's obviously still early days but there seems to have been a marked change around recruitment since Robinson got the job. Listening to Burrows talk in his interview that went up on the MFC YouTube channel last week it's clear Robinson has been putting in hours and actually going to watch targets and speak to them in person and furthermore it seems he has a clear idea of the players he wants. It seems night and day compared with last season under McGhee.

It's quite special. It happened last year with McHugh as well. The most satisfying part is that they genuinely can't seem to process it. This thread is superb: http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/bigi-joins-motherwell.76850/ they keep coming back to the idea that Motherwell must be chucking money at him and that's the only reason that he's moved. By all accounts he does seem to have been one of their lower earners but let's face it, no one's moving to FIr Park to get rich.
Robinson indicated in his interview yesterday that both players had offers on the table that had better wages and that's not difficult to believe. It actually says a lot for both Robinson and Alan Burrows in terms of their ability to sell the club to players. It's obviously still early days but there seems to have been a marked change around recruitment since Robinson got the job. Listening to Burrows talk in his interview that went up on the MFC YouTube channel last week it's clear Robinson has been putting in hours and actually going to watch targets and speak to them in person and furthermore it seems he has a clear idea of the players he wants. It seems night and day compared with last season under McGhee.

I doff my cap to you guys, I was having a dull boring Saturday morning, not now thou.....

Loads of "heids gone" English chaps is always pleasing [emoji106]

Is it just me or are some of the posters on Steelmen Online so full of shit and their own importance it is beyond belief. If you don't get with the program and be a happy clapper then your not part of the clique. God forbid you make a point that is not the official line and they go bleating to the mods to ban you

Any news on where Faddy's going? I've always wanted him to get a couple of cameo appearances for Scotland just so he can get into the Hall of Fame, so I really hope he isn't calling it quits. He's always wanted to go to America, though, so I could see him riding off into the sunset there.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Any news on where Faddy's going? I've always wanted him to get a couple of cameo appearances for Scotland just so he can get into the Hall of Fame, so I really hope he isn't calling it quits. He's always wanted to go to America, though, so I could see him riding off into the sunset there.

He's been sent to Coventry...

That thread is glorious reading. Tbh I think there's quite a lot of people who'd rather stay in/near Glasgow than Coventry.

It was the guy who reckoned Motherwell were paying him 6 times his annual salary with Coventry that made me chuckle ....

14 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Is it just me or are some of the posters on Steelmen Online so full of shit and their own importance it is beyond belief. If you don't get with the program and be a happy clapper then your not part of the clique. God forbid you make a point that is not the official line and they go bleating to the mods to ban you

At least you aren't bothered by it. 

14 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I'm gutted that Faddy is leaving. My 1st footballing hero.

I'd pay him to sit around and do f**k all at the club such is my man love for him. A truly beautiful man.

eta. Think he's still doing his coaching badges. May have 1 playing season left in him at a lower level in Scotland, otherwise he'll be off to the states I'd imagine. 

Edited by Londonwell