Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

49 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Pineapple on pizza is one of the most abhorrent food choices in the world.

Up there with sweetcorn on anything. I believe anyone who actually claims they like sweetcorn is lying to themselves.

The pineapple thing doesn’t bother me, pick it off if you don’t like it, I have spent a lifetime doing that with tomatoes 

I fear a Lanarkshire-based healthy eating discussion isn't going to end well - debates on whether tomato sauce or a packet of Space Raiders counts towards your five-a-day could be more controversial than "was Stuart McCall a good 'well manager?" 

38 minutes ago, ropy said:

I would choose sweet corn to avoid kale or asparagus.

I was just about to say that surely there can be nothing worse than anchovies when I spotted the asparagus reference, and now I'm conflicted. Based solely on this small sample size, I'm prepared to go out on a limb and say that NO foodstuff which starts with an "A" has any place on a pizza.

No idea on Grimshaw, O'Hara, Smith or Nolan but this was a surprise.
IMG_4070.thumb.jpeg.4e0dc53c59b1d54a0f0dc3b17694e9dd.jpeg
You just know from that picture that he's about to hoof it up the park to absolutely no one.

Wouldn't have it any other way from the bold Charlie Taxi.

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Seriously though...has everyone not just spent the past year subscribed to YouTube food channels?

227231304_ScreenShot2021-04-07at16_25_20.png.0deb1f7a42ec6ebb7df0a46729379152.png

I bailed on Bon Appetit when they turned out to be horrible big racists. Fortunately the MVPs that are Claire & Sohla have branched out on their own.

Matty Matheson's Just A Dash is the most surreal cooking show there is. Like a fever dream at times.

43 minutes ago, Swello said:

Space Raiders

Back in the day, the Electric Bar equivalent of the tartan paint initiation rite was to send some underage kid up to ask for two pints of heavy and a packet of tomato flavoured Outer Spacers, which of course didn't exist. It seemed funny at the time.

19 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I bailed on Bon Appetit when they turned out to be horrible big racists. Fortunately the MVPs that are Claire & Sohla have branched out on their own.

Matty Matheson's Just A Dash is the most surreal cooking show there is. Like a fever dream at times.

Oh! I missed the Bon Appetit rascist-y thing. I did notice a whole Conde Naste/strike thing happening though.

I saw Molly had branched out a while back as well.

+1 on Matty he's brilliantly weird.

Edited by capt_oats

6 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I'm watching a random episode now, I'm laughing :)  This is good stuff.  I may never follow one of this guys recipes (I don't have any cows in my backyard I can chop up, and god if I see Cheese Whiz again I might chuck) but he surely is fun to watch.   Thank you for your excellent recommendation!

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Oh! I missed the Bon Appetit rascist-y thing. I did notice a whole Conde Naste/strike thing happening though.

I saw Molly had branched out as well.

Aye the only folk that stayed were Brad, Chris & Andy in the end. Their return video of people talking about how good the future of BA was instead of actually addressing any of the issues was spectacularly tone deaf. 

5 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I'm watching a random episode now, I'm laughing :)  This is good stuff.  I may never follow one of this guys recipes (I don't have any cows in my backyard I can chop up, and god if I see Cheese Whiz again I might chuck) but he surely is fun to watch.   Thank you for your excellent recommendation!

They shoot the episodes for a series back to back in like 2 days so I suspect the delirium of a 17 hour shift probably aids in the complete nonsense that's going on. 

1 hour ago, ropy said:

The pineapple thing doesn’t bother me, pick it off if you don’t like it, I have spent a lifetime doing that with tomatoes 

Not having that. The residue still remains. The taste is akin to pouring the juice from a tin of princes' pineapple chunks over your melted cheese.

58 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

You just know from that picture that he's about to hoof it up the park to absolutely no one.

Wouldn't have it any other way from the bold Charlie Taxi.

I look forward to him signing a 3 year deal....

And 2 games into season he is injured and will miss the next 2.5 seasons. 

At that rate we should change the club name by deed to Charlie Taxi Charity Foundation. 

He is a good lad but I am afraid it is time to move on. 

Matty Matheson and Internet Shaquille are the go tos for this guy.

Haven't cooked a babish thing for a while and went off him when he started doing his "bought my brother a tesla", "turned up at a fan's birthday party" content but any of his recipes I've made are class. The recipe for the mojo pork in his cubanos recipe is insanely good for tacos etc (I think I've put photos in the food thread of my attempt at it). 

As well as the racism scandal the "we're all pals" sitcom element of BA was creepy as f**k by the end. Would love to have a go at some of brad's fermentation stuff. 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

52 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

His assist for Moult's goal at Hampden was definitely a measured through ball imvfho.

This was discussed at some length back around pages 894-895, and probably a few times before that as well.

It's fair to say it's a topic that once again divided opinion - the fish pakora of its day.