Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

The fact that when he’s had to fight for his place this season he’s chucked his toys oot the pram speaks volumes about Polworth. 

We’ve seen plenty of senior players like Hartley, Tait, Hammell, Sutton etc in recent years find themselves out the team. I don’t remember any of them greeting about it or falling out with the manager. 

However Polworth’s piss poor attitude is symptomatic of one that’s sadly seemed all too prevalent amongst our current squad this season. Too many fragile egos with delusions of grandeur. 

In Polworth’s case, he’s scored 1 league goal in over 50 games for the club and I don’t think he’s registered an assist from open play this season. He’s hardly the creative force his missus is making him out to be. 

Never mind the Scottish Cup final, for me May is all about that glorious 20/21 released list and I for one can’t fucking wait. 

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

In Polworth’s case, he’s scored 1 league goal in over 50 games for the club and I don’t think he’s registered an assist from open play this season. He’s hardly the creative force his missus is making him out to be. 

Never mind the Scottish Cup final, for me May is all about that glorious 20/21 released list and I for one can’t fucking wait. 

On a slight tangent to that, it felt to me as if we'd been scoring more goals since Alexander came in and a quick check after the game on Saturday shows (in all competitions):

20 goals in 14 games under Alexander vs 25 in 23 under Robinson. (League games is 15 in 13 for Alexander vs 17 in 19 for Robinson)

1.42 goals pg vs 1.08 goals pg (1.15 pg vs 0.89 pg - League)

We've failed to score in 3 of Alexander's 14 games (21%) vs 10 of Robinson's 23 (43%).

Bearing in mind Polworth has only featured in 3.5 games for Alexander vs starting 17 of Robinson's 23 (w/3 sub appearances) it's really not a good look for him.

I mean, I say this as someone who's generally been a fan of Polworth but I'm absolutely gone at the idea that there's any genuine grievances about him not playing given he managed to get sent off for having a wee tantrum in the new manager's 3rd game in charge then absolutely phoned it in and gave away a pen the next time he got an opportunity against St Johnstone.

Edited by capt_oats

I personally found the Polworth thing particularly funny, my mum's from Inverness and would probably prefer to still be living up there but afaik has managed to survive in Lanarkshire for 30 odd years without having a public meltdown about how much of a shitehole it is.

Chicken pakora is too heavy as a starter before a curry, vegetable pakora is the baseline measure but mushroom pakora is a fine lighter snack.

There are probably bits of Lanarkshire as described, I don’t know where the Polworths chose to live.  

I have nothing against mushroom pakora. It's not the top tier of pakora, that's clearly chicken but I'd happily have it on par with vegetable.

Fish pakora on the other hand is the worst of all pakora.....I don't think that's a controversial opinion. 

5 hours ago, Swami said:

I’m not having empire biscuits as an acceptable snack though.  

Get tae f**k. 

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Mushroom is the king of all pakora and I'll fight anyone who disagrees. 

You annaw. 

I thought we'd got over the unpleasantness of people admitting to liking mushroom pakora after the Hibs thread.

Some despicable souls just want to watch the world burn, probably fans of Liam Polworth.

I enjoy the fact that there is a deep schism amongst the Motherwell support regarding the issue of mushroom pakora, but there is a completely unanimous opinion that Liam Polworth can f**k off come May from fans and haters alike. 

3 hours ago, ropy said:

Chicken pakora is too heavy as a starter before a curry, vegetable pakora is the baseline measure but mushroom pakora is a fine lighter snack.

There are probably bits of Lanarkshire as described, I don’t know where the Polworths chose to live.  

Aye even on the meager wages that we offer I highly doubt that Polworth and his dafty are living in Hillhoose or such like.

Edited by 0Neils40yarder

Fish pakora is for perverts. Tried haggis pakora once when other options were available - never a day goes by that I don't regret my pretentious fusion experiment.

Also - when you look at some of the WAG's twitter output this year, it's no surprise that the boys are happy to be in for double training sessions in the afternoons.

Aye even on the meager wages that we offer I highly doubt that Polworth and his dafty are living in Hillhoose or such like.

I'm told Hillhoose has improved since the short-lived child curfew days of the 90's.

It has to be chicken when choosing pakora but, as mentioned, it's a bit much for a starter - I prefer chicken chaat (is that taking the discussion off on a dangerous new tangent)?

30 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm told Hillhoose has improved since the short-lived child curfew days of the 90's.

It has to be chicken when choosing pakora but, as mentioned, it's a bit much for a starter - I prefer chicken chaat (is that taking the discussion off on a dangerous new tangent)?

I’m a bit disappointed you didn’t say “taking the chaat off on a dangerous new tangent”