Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Shes deleted her account apparently. Wise move.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the dressing room Monday morning 

I'd imagine Polworth kicked his last ball for us a while back like. 

He'll be getting no buckwheat salads or raspberry smoothies now.

22 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I'd imagine Polworth kicked his last ball for us a while back like. 

He'll be getting no buckwheat salads or raspberry smoothies now.

Aye, without wanting to do that thing of litigating someone's old Tweets, aside from her being an anti-Indy freakshow, it seems pretty clear that there have been issues for a while given she's apparently been freely taking digs going back a couple of months (especially when added to Polworth's own cryptic, teenage drama Tweet back in February).

Having said that, the timing of a couple of those tweets is genuinely hilarious. One taking a shots at Alexander yesterday about 15 mins after the final whistle of a game we won 5-0 and another 15 mins after we've beaten Hibs 2-0 at Easter Road.

Edited by capt_oats

The 'Well wives have been far better value on the socials this season than their spouses have been on the park .

The massive meltdowns in the Gallagher , White ,and Polworth households have made quality reading . I've no idea about goings on behind the scenes , or whether any of them have genuine grievances about their men's treatment , but from the outside looking in it seems that their partners have been either massively underperforming , whoring themselves for moves away , or both .

in these situations you'd think the players would have the sense/balls to tell them to shut the f**k up , keep their own counsel, see out the remainder of their time with us and move on . 

That's not been the case though , and made for some great entertainment . Polworth and his crackpot mrs can f**k off back to the highlands like the White's at their earliest convenience if they're that unhappy . I suspect though that they will hang around in the 'shithole/shitshow' for the remainder of his contract and ill earned wages . He's been an absolute wage thief this season and we'll gladly see the back of him soon .

Your man is Liam fucking Polworth hen , not Kevin De Bruyne.

44 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

The 'Well wives have been far better value on the socials this season than their spouses have been on the park .

The massive meltdowns in the Gallagher , White ,and Polworth households have made quality reading . I've no idea about goings on behind the scenes , or whether any of them have genuine grievances about their men's treatment , but from the outside looking in it seems that their partners have been either massively underperforming , whoring themselves for moves away , or both .

in these situations you'd think the players would have the sense/balls to tell them to shut the f**k up , keep their own counsel, see out the remainder of their time with us and move on . 

That's not been the case though , and made for some great entertainment . Polworth and his crackpot mrs can f**k off back to the highlands like the White's at their earliest convenience if they're that unhappy . I suspect though that they will hang around in the 'shithole/shitshow' for the remainder of his contract and ill earned wages . He's been an absolute wage thief this season and we'll gladly see the back of him soon .

Your man is Liam fucking Polworth hen , not Kevin De Bruyne.

Bravo sir, Bravo...!! 👏😂

I really don’t get the whole day say something controversial > go private > deleting account process.

She obviously made the tweets to provoke a reaction, what different one to this was she expecting? Did she think Motherwell fans would be on her side?

Edited by crazylegsjoe_mfc

26 minutes ago, santheman said:

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she had been at her pals house all day on the vino and the seethe that her man wasn't in the team just got the better of her.

Or she's just a fruitcake.

You taking bets? 

I think O'Donnell is class tbh. He obviously most likely didn't see himself ending up here at this stage of his career but has carried himself pretty well on and off on the pitch despite that. I'm not meaning that in that sycophantic "our wee club is lucky to have you" way you sometimes see but if he is around next season I'm looking forward to seeing him in what is hopefully a more stable team/defence.

9 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Well...

I'd be quite happy with that tbf. He's an experienced right back and has been a decent performer this season. I'd be happier with him as first choice than rolling the dice and having Grimshaw as back up (mystery illness notwithstanding).

Also he loves an empire biscuit which is an underrated snack.

15 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

Knowing how Busta feels about Polworth, I await his input on this.

I saw she had tweeted something along the lines of:

"I am more likely to get a game under Alexander than Liam Polworth"

If she can put in the effort to tackle and break up play then I'd play her first too.

It's also been touched on but what goes through these lassies heads? I reckon if it was me in that situation and you seen the first WAG explosion years ago I'd be getting them telt "If I come home unhappy and moaning about my boss don't stick it on the socials. Cos that will f**k me."

There is defo something about these wanna be WAGs from the small time. 

As for Polworth himself. If he's done then fair enough. I was never his biggest fan, even when on top of his game I had my criticisms but he's been a horror show this year. 

Poundland luxury player. Good luck to him. 

I'm ok with SOD signing on again. 
As long as it's done early enough and we don't hang about waiting on him having no other options. 
He's a good player for our level. I think my expectations were skewed by how much he was talked up (despite me never really seeing it, thought I'd missed something) but he's a good player to have in the team. 

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It very much reeks of Rowan Vine moaning about our "pitiful" contract offer, talking about moving to a "bigger, better club", 

I was listening to a podcast he was on the other week and from what I can remember he claimed st.johnstone didn’t even offer him an extension which I thought was strange. 

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think O'Donnell is class tbh. He obviously most likely didn't see himself ending up here at this stage of his career but has carried himself pretty well on and off on the pitch despite that. I'm not meaning that in that sycophantic "our wee club is lucky to have you" way you sometimes see but if he is around next season I'm looking forward to seeing him in what is hopefully a more stable team/defence.

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I'd be quite happy with that tbf. He's an experienced right back and has been a decent performer this season. I'd be happier with him as first choice than rolling the dice and having Grimshaw as back up (mystery illness notwithstanding).

Also he loves an empire biscuit which is an underrated snack.

Aye, I think my broad strokes, TL;DR take is that in the current climate, even with the best scouting it's unlikely we'll be able to bring in a right back who's significantly better than O'Donnell - so I'd rather we spent our time and energy focusing on bringing in better than guys who will definitely be away like Gallagher and Polworth et al.

My more nuanced view on SOD's time is that he's suffered from an Expectations vs Reality situation similar-ish to McManus in so much as the expectation from some is 'Scotland International' when the reality is that he's a good, mid-upper Scottish Premiership player who landed a spot in the international side and has seen his career at that level extended by his former club manager getting the Scotland job and clearly having complete trust in him.

That means we're not getting Andy Robertson or Kieran Tierney (we never were) instead we're getting a guy who is clearly "a good player for this level" but might have the occasional poor game over the course of the season and sell the jerseys as he did against Accies. Tbh, I can absolutely live with that.

The other thing is I think he's been a bit unlucky in the way he landed at the club in so much as there's this narrative about him leaving Killie to get his "Big Move" and there being an element of schadenfreude from certain areas when Covid put an end to that and he's ended up with us.

In a way even Robinson heavily leaned on him signing being a short-term gig and that's probably led to people getting bent out of shape on a "he doesn't really want to be here" level. Waiting until the last day of January to announce he'd extended to the end of the season probably didn't help much either as it felt like it played into Robinson's claim when he was leaving about players being here as a "last resort".

Ultimately it doesn't bother me if he's only at the club because it's convenient for him as he lives on the doorstep and has decided that he wants to prioritise his family - if he's up for extending in the sort of timeframe he's talking about in that interview then sign the handsome, empire-biscuit making b*****d up.

Edited by capt_oats

He’s nailed on for captain next year. 

I’m not having empire biscuits as an acceptable snack though. First an outright rejection of mushroom pakora and now this, the country is going to the dogs. 

Edited by Swami