Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

36 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Bit of speil from Flow about the shirts.

Have they forgotten the club they play for? ...........................or are they all closet Dundee fans. Sure it's for a good cause, but that is "honking" - for a Motherwell strip.

Anyone fancy this seasons Home shirt in a Large? I ordered it last week now that they're half price but in my haste to don the C&A, I stupidly threw out the bag and took the tag off before trying it on and realising it's miles too big for me. 

It came to £30 incl taxes and shipping. I'm not looking to get my money back seeing as you can buy a new one yourself for £30 but if anyone wants to save themselves a tenner, then chuck £20 at the Well Society (or other charity of your choice) and I'll post it out to you. Had it on for literally 10 secs so its perfect condition.

IMG_2156 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2157 (Medium).JPG

6 minutes ago, dezz said:

Anyone fancy this seasons Home shirt in a Large? I ordered it last week now that they're half price but in my haste to don the C&A, I stupidly threw out the bag and took the tag off before trying it on and realising it's miles too big for me. 

It came to £30 incl taxes and shipping. I'm not looking to get my money back seeing as you can buy a new one yourself for £30 but if anyone wants to save themselves a tenner, then chuck £20 at the Well Society (or other charity of your choice) and I'll post it out to you. Had it on for literally 10 secs so its perfect condition.

IMG_2156 (Medium).JPG

IMG_2157 (Medium).JPG

How much for the quilt cover?

5 minutes ago, dezz said:

Bloody hell.  That's just rubbing it in really.  
I just got my away shirt from the sale, ordering the 2XL and now wishing I'd picked the 3XL.    Lockdown (and an achilles injury) has expanded my belly to something Buddha would be proud of.   If he was 8 months pregnant.

Tell me I'm not alone, and a few games of 5-a-side will fix it :(

5 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I just got my away shirt from the sale, ordering the 2XL and now wishing I'd picked the 3XL.    Lockdown (and an achilles injury) has expanded my belly to something Buddha would be proud of.   If he was 8 months pregnant.

I hear ye brother.

5 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

My wife thinks I am a medium, I generally buy a large but sports tops need to be XL.  I haven’t purchased anything since lockdown but couldn’t bring myself to buy a 2XL, if that was needed then it would be skins at the fives.

30 minutes ago, ropy said:

My wife thinks I am a medium, I generally buy a large but sports tops need to be XL.  I haven’t purchased anything since lockdown but couldn’t bring myself to buy a 2XL, if that was needed then it would be skins at the fives.

I bought the home and away in L when they launched last year because generally that's my size. I haven't worn either since I picked them up because...well, pandemic innit.

Out of curiosity I tried both given the turn this thread's taken and....aye they both still fit fine.

So that's a bonus.

Almost 4 months of furlough last spring/summer coupled with no all-day Saturday sessions for the football did wonders for me.

With no work or kids and the fiancée at work all day, I had f**k all else to do so started running and I managed to shift about 2 stone. I don’t particularly enjoy it but I’ve definitely seen the benefits and apart from a break during the depths of winter I’ve managed to keep it up and go out at least twice a week.

Can’t wait to put it all back on in beer and pies when the football is back though.

17 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I've said before, I'm built like Elliot Frear on a hunger strike and am usually an S/M in other clothes but even I wear an L in the Macron 19/20 kit I have.

I've been an M in every Motherwell kit since about 2014 until I tried on this seasons one. Like I'll freely admit my lockdown 1.0 diet was mainly pizza and Tennents lager but that was a fair shock to the system.

1 hour ago, Geedub-MFC said:

I'm an XL in fitba tops and most things, am I better getting a 2XL? I'm tall and broad shouldered rather than Budda-like though

If you've bought any of the previous Macron shirts in that size you should be fine. I just tried this season's in comparison to last season and 17/18. I didn't notice any significant difference in fit. The 14/15 maybe feels like it has a slightly less fitted silhouette.

I mean, they're not exactly roomy but they're fairly consistent in terms of fit IMO.

In other more football-y news I see Donnelly's back in training (screengrabbed from the wee training video that went up last week like the absolute fucking loser I am).

1779716945_ScreenShot2021-03-18at15_38_47.png.93e45b19169ce22f90a67de2bd0a8b5d.png

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

(screengrabbed from the wee training video that went up last week like the absolute fucking loser I am).

I think I speak for all the Motherwell fans on here that we love you for it and wouldn't change you for the world.

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

If you've bought any of the previous Macron shirts in that size you should be fine. I just tried this season's in comparison to last season and 17/18. I didn't notice any significant difference in fit. The 14/15 maybe feels like it has a slightly less fitted silhouette.

I mean, they're not exactly roomy but they're fairly consistent in terms of fit IMO.

In other more football-y news I see Donnelly's back in training (screengrabbed from the wee training video that went up last week like the absolute fucking loser I am).

1779716945_ScreenShot2021-03-18at15_38_47.png.93e45b19169ce22f90a67de2bd0a8b5d.png

Serious Q to all Well fans. Would you give Donnelly another contract ? 

If he stayed fit then yes. But the odds are very much against that happening based on last few years.

A NO from me - somewhat sadly 🤷‍♂️