Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Guest superward

Gallagher has to come back in if fit to start. He's still our best central defender by a good margin even when he isn't hitting the heights of last season.  

Magloire played a bit better last game but he's young, still learning and on loan. Sorry Tyler but you are benched son.

Magloire and Lamie for me.

Gallagher won't be our player next year, Lamie will be, Magloire might be. Quite aside from the three points, the biggest positive from Easter Road was the mentality and attitude we had defensively. Let's do that again.

Add to that I'd like to see what else Gallagher's agent has in his bag of tricks, I'm guessing... billboards? Who can tell.

3 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Gallagher won't be our player next year, Lamie will be, Magloire might be. Quite aside from the three points, the biggest positive from Easter Road was the mentality and attitude we had defensively. Let's do that again.

Add to that I'd like to see what else Gallagher's agent has in his bag of tricks, I'm guessing... billboards? Who can tell.

I suspect if you look back at his gaming streams there will be subliminal messages about ‘coming and getting me’.

8 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

No one had unequivocally proven (to me at least) whether Gallacher had an extension which has been triggered. Some on SO would have u believe the club simply bowed to pressure and removed said (potentially lucrative) clause 🤔

Either it exists or it does not. If it does then we would want Gallacher playing in the hope we can get some money for him in the summer. Plus if he is not playing then it would adversely affect his chances of playing in the Euros. So what I hear you say ! Well if he has not done any of the things rumoured or not in the fashion rumoured why would we want to take our Captain and ruin his career effectively. Certainly playing for Scotland in the near future. 

I said b4 Hibs game we need 3 wins to be sure of avoiding bottom 2 places. So 2 wins now.  Still stand by that. Plus the higher we finish the more money for the club.

Leaving all that aside as much as Magloire came on to a game v St M + Hibs no way is any Manager leaving our Captain and arguably best player / defender on the bench for a inexperienced player. 

2 hours ago, superward said:

Gallagher has to come back in if fit to start. He's still our best central defender by a good margin even when he isn't hitting the heights of last season.  

Massive disrespect for Eddie Nolan here IMO.

Edited by capt_oats

2 hours ago, superward said:

Magloire played a bit better last game but he's young, still learning and on loan. Sorry Tyler but you are benched son.

I'm with this 100%. Whilst Dec hasn't been great by the standards he set last season, there's still a decent amount between his poor and the rest of our defence's good.

When you're in our position, you play your best players, end of. We've already been stung by waiting on Chapman to mess up before bringing Archer in this season.

6 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

We've already been stung by waiting on Chapman to mess up before bringing Archer in this season.

Not that I'm arguing the Pieman's case but in a weird quirk we actually took more points with him in goals than we did Archer.

7 points in 4 and a bit games compared with 2 points in 5 games with Archer. 

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Not that I'm arguing the Pieman's case but in a weird quirk we actually took more points with him in goals than we did Archer.

7 points in 4 and a bit games compared with 2 points in 5 games with Archer. 

Obviously you can't fault Pieman during his two clean sheets against Ross County and Livingston, but I'm sure by the time we brought Archer into the starting lineup a couple of games later, we were all in agreement that it should've already happened. I'd rather we didn't revisit that situation with Gallagher/Magloire.

13 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Nah, I think the question is Gallagher or Magloire solely on the basis that Lamie's naturally left sided whereas the two of them are right sided.

I mean instinctively it'd be Gallagher but there's no getting away from the fact that he's been dugmeat all season and him doing his best Shane Duffy for County's goal in Dingwall is still pretty fresh in the memory.

C' Mon Captain You're better than that. Dugmeat????

Yes, not as good as last season but still miles ahead of anyone else we've had to play in central defence.

Also, in addition to his Captain duties he has had to  regularly ' nurse' Lamie and Bevis through their --- if I'm being kind---erratic periods whilst often not having a reliable left back or for a period a competent right back.

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

Some on SO would have u believe the club simply bowed to pressure and removed said (potentially lucrative) clause 🤔

Gallagher's contract now runs out after the Euros.

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Which would seem to be a decent compromise if we are potentially going to get appearance money for him.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

57 minutes ago, Swello said:

Which would seem to be a decent compromise if we are potentially going to get appearance money for him.

That would make more sense. Still you would have thought we would have potentially received more for a transfer if he had 1 year left. I would assume therefore we would keep 100% of the Euros appearance money ? 

Another reason why he will play on Saturday and till the end of the season. So he gets in the Scotland Squad. 

I heard Craigan saying Magloree 

From his announcement article on the official website.

‘’Magloire – pronounced mah-glo-re – came through Rovers’ youth ranks, debuting in the English Championship in March 2019.’’

I'm feeling pretty "meh" towards fitba in general the now. 

A pretty honking season during a pandemic where we can't go is clearly the cause but it's weird how quickly I seem able to become partially disinterested in something that has taken up a massive part of my life.

That and over the last 10 years the very top tier of fitba has become a complete circus. Massive wages, teams hoggin the best players in their 25 man squad meaning guys who were/could be superstars are playing bit parts to other superstars. The Champions legue. VAR. It's all shite.

I'm feeling pretty "meh" towards fitba in general the now. 
A pretty honking season during a pandemic where we can't go is clearly the cause but it's weird how quickly I seem able to become partially disinterested in something that has taken up a massive part of my life.
That and over the last 10 years the very top tier of fitba has become a complete circus. Massive wages, teams hoggin the best players in their 25 man squad meaning guys who were/could be superstars are playing bit parts to other superstars. The Champions legue. VAR. It's all shite.
I'm in the same boat tbh. I'm looking forward to getting back to Fir Park but am rapidly losing any interest in fitba beyond that. 90% of English Premier League games are garbage. The Bundesliga can be decent but I refuse to subscribe to Premier Sports so don't watch La Liga and Serie A. The Champions League is rotten - teams go through the motions in the group stages then the knockout stages are made up of the same teams every year, give or take.

When things get back to normal I'm going to try and get to a lot more junior games. Wishaw Juniors play 5 minutes up the road from me and you can get a beer at the game which is always a good thing.