Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

33 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Now if we can flog Ben to Rangers and put a 250 mile from Fir Park exclusion order on Blyth and Clay we have made a positive start to the close season.

Scott McDonald excluded obviously*

Not signing anyone from Reading again is probably a good policy to put in place going forward too.

Doubt I've been the first to say it but I'd take Luke Leahy from Falkirk. They've just announced that he, along with Bob Mchugh incidentally, won't be staying at Falkirk next season and Leahy has certainly stood out at left back for Falkirk any time I've watched. Doubt we'd be the only ones interested though and he may well end up down south.

From reading Falkirk's list, I wonder if Aberdeen will fancy sending the goalie Rodgers out on loan to a premiership side. Fire him on the could do a job list.

14 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

From reading Falkirk's list, I wonder if Aberdeen will fancy sending the goalie Rodgers out on loan to a premiership side. Fire him on the could do a job list.

Lost his place in the Falkirk side to the Thompson I think. If we're speaking to Griffiths who's 21 I'd have thought we'd be going for a more experienced option as the other 'keeper (granted Rodgers has 72 appearances for Falkirk, but still...)

Edited by capt_oats

We should be cashing in on Moult, isn't that the whole model?
He came up here to prove himself at a higher level and he has done that 2 seasons in a row and should be looking to make another step up. We get a nice transfer fee in return.

Heard somewhere that if we do sell Moult we only get something like 35% of the money as he has a sell on clause and the people, Hutchison (?), who put up the purchase money are due a big cut of the fee.

4 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Heard somewhere that if we do sell Moult we only get something like 35% of the money as he has a sell on clause and the people, Hutchison (?), who put up the purchase money are due a big cut of the fee.

"An important element in the agreement is that loan repayments for the first three years will be made from a percentage of player transfer income only.

This means that the club will not be burdened with loan repayments from regular income during this period, but will still benefit from player transfers by receiving a percentage of transfer fee income. After the initial three year period, outstanding loans will be repaid on a fixed payment schedule. All of these factors protect the financial security of the club."

http://www.thewellsociety.co.uk/2016/10/28/well-society-statement-a-new-era/

If memory serves, 30% of any transfer fee is split between Les and Boyle while we still owe them.

I don't think Wrexham have a sell on though, I'm sure I remember reading their fans complaining about it when he left. So we should be retaining circa 70% of any fee brought in.

On 20/05/2017 at 23:01, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Just seen the end of the game on Alba, no idea what Robinson was complaining about. Bowman had a half a celebration in front of the Motherwell fans after scoring which was the last kick of the game. Then the players went over and applauded the fans for making the trip up on a meaningless last day of the season.

If Robinson was that bothered about losing he shouldn't have put on Adam Livingston at left wing back, his lack of experience and positioning was a key factors in all 3 goals.

Just on this tae. Robbo is deflecting away from the fact his team were shite and got beat by the shitest team in the league.

Doubt I've been the first to say it but I'd take Luke Leahy from Falkirk. They've just announced that he, along with Bob Mchugh incidentally, won't be staying at Falkirk next season and Leahy has certainly stood out at left back for Falkirk any time I've watched. Doubt we'd be the only ones interested though and he may well end up down south.

Aye it's all but confirmed that he's off to Walsall. He was looking for a move back down nearer Coventry.

Lost his place in the Falkirk side to the Thompson I think. If we're speaking to Griffiths who's 21 I'd have thought we'd be going for a more experienced option as the other 'keeper (granted Rodgers has 72 appearances for Falkirk, but still...)

Tbf to Rogers he only lost his place when he got an injury and when Robbie Thomson came in he didn't do anything wrong to justify being dropped.

Rogers really is a cracking 'keeper he still needs to improve from cross balls but he deserves better than being a second choice next season and you could certainly do a whole lot worse than him.

I see by the monumentally shite bantz on the Club Twitter that they've given the password to the fan engagement officer....

4.5k+ likes and 2k+ RTs are pretty good numbers but christ alive, it's chronic patter. Absolutely brutal stuff.

Soccer AM, SportsBible and the like have a lot to answer for.

Take it for what you will, but some guy on the BT Sport live question show on Facebook just there kept asking for Stephen Craigans opinion on a Liam Brown he believes we've signed from Queens Park. Like I said, take it whichever way you like.

Yeah Crags has signed a player from Queens Park to be part of his under 20 squad for next season, he told he'd be making 4 or 5 signings this summer to compensate for players he will be losing to the first team on a regular basis now.

On 24/05/2017 at 20:06, capt_oats said:

4.5k+ likes and 2k+ RTs are pretty good numbers but christ alive, it's chronic patter. Absolutely brutal stuff.

Soccer AM, SportsBible and the like have a lot to answer for.

I am not sure it would be Murrant. The boy Lewis Irons is a youngster I am sure. maybe he's down with the kids and into yer emoji stuff tae.

End of season Interview with Alan Burrows. I think he takes some absolutely bizarre stick (after defeats on Steelmen on-line basically) - but watch the interview and try to disagree with anything he says. I'm personally delighted that he's the top man and (in a completely un-patronising way) for a guy of his age, I think he conducts himself brilliantly. I'd imagine fans of other clubs would be impressed also.

End of season Interview with Alan Burrows. I think he takes some absolutely bizarre stick (after defeats on Steelmen on-line basically) - but watch the interview and try to disagree with anything he says. I'm personally delighted that he's the top man and (in a completely un-patronising way) for a guy of his age, I think he conducts himself brilliantly. I'd imagine fans of other clubs would be impressed also.

Its Scottish cringe turned up to maximum.
'Who does he think he is bettering himself'
Good luck to the guy he's doing a job he loves at the club he loves.