Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Absolutely no idea why Motherwell have thought this is a good move. He has been very poor for us and hasn't even made the squad the last two games. He's pretty quick, and looks like he should be strong but he doesn't actually take anyone on or look like he believes he can beat a man. 

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Absolutely no idea why Motherwell have thought this is a good move. He has been very poor for us and hasn't even made the squad the last two games. He's pretty quick, and looks like he should be strong but he doesn't actually take anyone on or look like he believes he can beat a man. 

Motherwell Football Club looking at another indecisive winger that cannae cross a ball or beat a man:

tim blake nelson water GIF

I'm not really sure what he's supposed to be good at. He always looks half-arsed, doesn't take players on or cross the ball and I'm struggling to remember him having a single shot on goal all season. He usually just fucks around and gets dispossessed.

Elliott Frear has been marginally less useless, which might tell you all you need to know.

6 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

You typed this when we signed Hastie didn’t you.

33 minutes ago, Swello said:

I think the expectation management from Alan Burrows this morning was clear enough - I don't think we'll be getting too excited.

I must admit, don't know much Roberts - can he play anywhere across the front 3?

That's largely where I am.

As I said the other day when there was serious consideration we might be signing a boy who got on the wrong train and hadn't actually started a competitive game of fitba' in his career; I'd imagine our front 3 is going to be permed from Cole, Watt, Lawleff and Long...the question with Roberts is whether he's more use than someone like Seedorf or Hastie.

My expectations have been well and truly managed.

Anyway, on top of that pearler that put us out the cup under McGhee here's a more recent compilation from his agency.

Edited by capt_oats

Roberts taking the Tarrant/Kemas/Fisher route to getting a Motherwell deal, and also replenishing our Jordan quota. Good luck to him. 

Looking forward to finding out we've been after him for many windows. 

Edited by rowsdower

Maybe one more signing this evening. 

I am busy looking at Hamilton Accies squad to see which player we will get on loan who has hardly featured for them this season. 

As I said not losing any of our better players will probably be more of a triumph than the actual signings 🤷‍♂️

If it makes you feel better its upset the footballing hipsters on Twitter who wanted you to sign folk from Europe/million pound rated Championship CBs...

Re Roberts:

“He will give us options in the front line, being able to play anywhere across the front three."

Re Nolan:

“He can slot in anywhere across the back four, giving us good competition across all the defensive line.”

angry the punisher GIF by NETFLIX