Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Would keep SOD as he's been a pretty serviceable right back without being spectacular. If we're seriously expecting Donnelly & O'Hara to be fit again I'd be fine if Crawford left. He's been tidy but realistically I'd rather see Maguire get a run in midfield to see if he can cut it. 

I love Charlie Dunne. I dearly love Charlie Dunne. If his legs have still fallen off can we appoint him as a commentator instead of Jock Brown & Lewis Irons?

Dunne as host with Bigi and Ciftci on co-comms please

9 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

That 4-3 game was an absolute fucking jolly and I'm happy to sign anyone associated with it.

Expect from Martin Woods.

Turnbull rolling the ball into the boy’s arms for a penalty was joyous.  The officials not being sure if it was fair and awarding a goal kick was bewildering.

At one of the AGM's, Alan Burrows said (in specific relation to Craig Tanner at the time) that our principle is that we don't have players leave in a worse state than we found them. So even if we don't see Dunne as a long term option, we'll at least pay him until he can move on.

9 minutes ago, Swello said:

At one of the AGM's, Alan Burrows said (in specific relation to Craig Tanner at the time) that our principle is that we don't have players leave in a worse state than we found them. So even if we don't see Dunne as a long term option, we'll at least pay him until he can move on.

Aye, I was at that one as well.

The only thing I had wondered was whether or not he might fancy moving back south to be closer to family given everything that's going on. Also, I wasn't sure whether or not him being back involved at training meant he was actually an approximation of fit in the way Tanner was.

I have zero problem with us doing the right thing so to speak and as @well fan for life say's I can't imagine we're making him rich. It's a slightly different circumstance to keeping someone around who's not going to be getting a game.

Edited by capt_oats

28 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I have zero problem with us doing the right thing so to speak and as @well fan for life say's I can't imagine we're making him rich. It's a slightly different circumstance to keeping someone around who's not going to be getting a game.

One wonders if he could even be on furlough ? 

I mean technically he is not playing. Probably not but you never know. 

In some ways I am happy to help support Dunne but I am not going to lie and say if there is little chance in him regaining form or fitness and being an actual playing option then I would rather both parties moved on. 

So out of Crawford, Dunne and SOD. SOD is the one I would have most liked to stay on. Lets hope we are not about to get a nasty surprise. 

So far a little underwhelming and you have to hope that we do actually bring in a couple of players and not see any of our better ones leave ! Not long to go either. 

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

You'd think from a PR point of view they'd let us know that SOD was away as soon as possible rather than trailing it with the collective shrug of Crawford and Dunne renewing.

What I'm saying is, I think O'Donnell's staying.

Unless one of our signings is a right back and we're waiting to announce that (and O'Donnell fucking off)

13 minutes ago, ropy said:

Semple back swelling the numbers

Given the whole pandemic situation loaning him to Cove was a fucking daft move in the first place (especially as he was one of the only other creative/attacking midfielders at the club).

I mean, I understand and agree with the principle that with no Reserve League the Young Team needed to go out and get competitive minutes but parking him at a club at the other end of the country was wild.

Edited by capt_oats