Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, capt_oats said:

Has Sam Foley ever played football with Declan Gallagher and/or Livingston Football Club?

Is this a brave new world of recruitment we're entering?

Kelly, O'Donnell, Gallagher, Lamie, Foley, Crawford, Lawless, Watt etc. 

We're into the Bottom 6 Galacticos era now, IMO.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Robinson's on Sportsound tonight, there's an article up by Scott Mullen on the BBC website. He's been doing the rounds with the press recently so I'd be surprised if there's much said that'll be different from those interviews:

Robinson is now refreshed... great.

Look forward to battling St Johnstone fans over if him or tommy wright should get a job. No Ian Barraclough to act as spoiler this time.

I've not heard all of the interview but did pick up on him saying some players wanted to leave in the summer and some were signing pre-contract agreements and he didn't have the energy for another re-build.

If players have signed PCA's, I'm quite happy for it to be kept quiet to be honest.

The clips of the semi-final goals were tremendous.

I'll catch up on the podcast tomorrow morning to break up the monotony of Zoom calls but I've got the gist of what was said. I don't blame him for bailing. He was becoming like a Lanarkshire version of Sisyphis having to endlessly rebuild the squad with an ever diminishing budget.

On the Foley thing, I don't think anyone is going to be salivating at the thought of a 34 year old midfielder but I suppose he gives us a bit more in there. Also might free up O'Hara to play at centre back more often. 

28 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
1 hour ago, capt_oats said:
I see there's been an update on the injuries.
Donnelly expected back training in February and potentially playing games in March.
Calling it at least 3 months out for Carson as well.
6301986_ScreenShot2021-01-28at21_22_29.png.8339c142b316234d85fa935c58fb524c.png

Carson doesn't expect to play again this season.

There was a lot of doubt if he’d even play again after the DVT injury really feel sorry for the guy but I’m sure he’ll be back (next season) he’s a fighter. Top keeper as well.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I see there's been an update on the injuries.

Donnelly expected back training in February and potentially playing games in March.

Calling it at least 3 months out for Carson as well.

6301986_ScreenShot2021-01-28at21_22_29.png.8339c142b316234d85fa935c58fb524c.png

Did Fox even play one of the pre-season friendlies for us?

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Did Fox even play one of the pre-season friendlies for us?

He did, aye. I think the United bounce game was the only one he played. Carson played the 90 in the other games against Killie, Rangers and Accies (I think, there's no team line for that one)

1532559200_ScreenShot2021-01-28at22_52_35.png.c6f05215d2090e5c0c3a176a303e07d4.png

IMG_1611893689.002080.jpg

Just noticed this on Instagram. We had him on loan from Middlesbrough last season and he’s recently signed a new deal there. Maybe a loan deal in the offing? Just putting two and two together as he really has no other reason to be in Motherwell right now. 21 year-old winger who made zero impact for us last season.

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

IMG_1611893689.002080.jpg

Just noticed this on Instagram. We had him on loan from Middlesbrough last season and he’s recently signed a new deal there. Maybe a loan deal in the offing? Just putting two and two together as he really has no other reason to be in Motherwell right now. 21 year-old winger who made zero impact for us last season.

He could be going to another Glasgow-ish club I guess, pretty sure Motherwell is the easiest station if you're coming up from the North East of England by train.

:lol: but aye, you have to assume he's signing for us. One of the stranger transfer leaks I've seen if it does pan out.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

He could be going to another Glasgow-ish club I guess, pretty sure Motherwell is the easiest station if you're coming up from the North East of England by train.

:lol: but aye, you have to assume he's signing for us. One of the stranger transfer leaks I've seen if it does pan out.

Will he be as effective as Ndjoli?