Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 minutes ago, Swello said:

Skipping food and going for a midweek Smokehead Rum Rebel after the stress of that last 15 mins - rarely been so convinced that a last minute sickener was incoming, which is how much this season has broken me.

Has the United goal been the biggest sickener or was there another one?

19 minutes ago, ropy said:

What does he eat?

Didny fancy the Paneer special, tonight. 

Went for 'Set Meal A' which included a Chicken Tikka meal alongside a Chasni chaser. He redeemed himself with a Peshwari Naan. 

Guest superward

On the face of it there are some similarities in the potential Foley move to Tait going in the other direction.

Well respected, experienced, player of the year type performances, wears the captain's armband, losing some pace, suddenly not playing week in week out after a good season....if it works out as well as Tait has done for St Mirren then it will be a good signing. 

I can see the logic to getting an experienced/leader type head into midfield and also some cover and centre back. Especially if we intend to send Crawford back and/or lose Campbell.

Edited by superward

15 minutes ago, superward said:

On the face of it there are some similarities in the potential Foley move to Tait going in the other direction.

Well respected, experienced, player of the year type performances, wears the captain's armband, losing some pace, suddenly not playing week in week out after a good season....if it works out as well as Tait has done for St Mirren then it will be a good signing. 

I can see the logic to getting an experienced/leader type head into midfield and also some cover and centre back. Especially if we intend to send Crawford back and/or lose Campbell.

Difference is that at 34, Foley's legs seemed to struggle to adapt to the enforced 5 month pre season break. 

He came back this season and it was immediately obvious to everyone he was struggling. His legs had completely gone by looks of it and it was a steep and massive drop off. 

10 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Has Mugabi been better than Gallagher this season?

I'd probably say as a relegated-league two centre-half who we signed in an emergency, because he didn't have a club, Mugabi has probably slightly over-performed, despite the fact I do remain unconvinced by him at times. Gallagher, the captain, a Scottish international, who has aspirations of playing at a higher level next season, has massively underperformed. However, I still think it would be a stretch to say Mugabi has been better than Gallagher.

First half was pretty poor last night, but there were positives from the second half, Cole scoring his 3rd in 4 games since Alexander took over. Watt also ran himself into the ground. The slight tweak of putting him out left and putting Cole through the middle seems to have helped both. Long didn't seem to contribute much, aside from his part in the goal, which was disappointing. Be good to see Lawless come in on the right in time. I thought Carroll was good again too.

If it looks like Foley is signing, I hope it's not at the expense of Barry Maguire, who I thought was decent last night. However, we didn't have a centre mid on the bench last night among nine subs, so I recognise we maybe do need a bit of cover. I do hope for a 34 year old it's a 6 month deal and not an 18 month one though.