Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

Jim Gannon sacked for non results reasons.

Pleased for Carroll getting a new deal.

I just want to be able to say that Chrissy Long has got it going on again after he scores.

Sacking "centred around culture" . Thats a new one

I had a quick look at this thread earlier. Noticed it was ‘hot’ and about 3 new pages had appeared. Thought - great, must be a new signing. Then discovered it was 3 pages about shitty strikers, past and future. 

I love Motherwell. 

21 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

I had a quick look at this thread earlier. Noticed it was ‘hot’ and about 3 new pages had appeared. Thought - great, must be a new signing. Then discovered it was 3 pages about shitty strikers, past and future. 

I love Motherwell. 

Just on cue then as we’ve just signed Big Maybe Weird Smith... 

Hopefully he can provide some competition up top and score some goals trust Alexander has seen him before and it’s his signing.

Edited by supermarv

“Enhancing our attacking options”. FFS, do these media prowlers on here not read? And it calls him a ‘striker’. Should be ‘great big b*****d centre forward (not Jordan White)’. A lot to learn, clearly 😉

welcome Big Maybe Weird Harry 👍

I'm pretty sceptical but as it goes it's a loan until the end of the season not a permanent and if Long's back then it's a bench that means we're not resorting to chucking on White and/or MacIver.

I've quite enjoyed this playing out from the ITK guy on Northampton's forum:

551916026_ScreenShot2021-01-21at19_07_37.thumb.png.7d9eae545cf95eec37a6e43f3acfb5a4.png

1939132053_ScreenShot2021-01-21at19_08_25.thumb.png.7c411e1679996baf59c90ab36bc79d55.png

1182417722_ScreenShot2021-01-21at19_08_56.thumb.png.91dc431272276f3daf3e96af69ee47ab.png

513653142_ScreenShot2021-01-21at19_09_09.thumb.png.2cbfae3da2e6850bfd5b9b825ce641cf.png

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Was Stockley not shit hot for a few seasons down there? I thought he was at decent at Aberdeen too. Adding 2+2 and getting 5 but he's being talked about in similar circles to Stockley then surely Smith is somewhat highly thought of?

Stockley did well at Exeter (40 in 75) but isn't getting a look in at Preston after he moved there for £750k

Based purely on the names Bristol have been linked with I think it's fair to say that they're looking for a particular type of striker ie: a lanky centre forward.

The other name they were quoted as having an interest in alongside Stockley and Smith was Armand Gnanduillet who's also 6ft 4".

Spoiler

Stockley did well at Exeter (40 in 75) but isn't getting a look in at Preston after he moved there for £750k
Based purely on the names Bristol have been linked with I think it's fair to say that they're looking for a particular type of striker ie: a lanky centre forward.
The other name they were quoted as having an interest in alongside Stockley and Smith was Armand Gnanduillet who's also 6ft 4".
Spoiler

Some tidy finishes in there but some of the goalkeeping would make Aaron Chapman look like Buffon.