Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

If Grant Hanley is playing and captaining Norwich every week who are top of the Championship and Gallagher downs tools at a team who haven't won a league game in eleven, then it's pretty much a straight swap for Clarke. There's no doubt Gallagher's performances in September/October have built up a bit of leeway, but not that much leeway.

There is also Jack Hendry playing in a back 3 at Oostende F.C. ( two o s , and fifth place in the Belgian top flight ( better than Premiership ) )

On 17/01/2021 at 12:03, Grangemouth Bairn said:

St Mirren and Kilmarnock fixture dates have been announced.

Saturday 23rd January - Aberdeen vs Motherwell

Wednesday 27th January - Ross County vs Motherwell

Wednesday 3rd February - Motherwell vs Dundee United

Saturday 6th February - Celtic vs Motherwell

Wednesday 10th February - Kilmarnock vs Motherwell

Saturday 13th February - Motherwell vs Hamilton

Wednesday 24th February - St Mirren vs Motherwell

Saturday 27th February - Hibernian vs Motherwell

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

St Mirren and Kilmarnock fixture dates have been announced.

Saturday 23rd January - Aberdeen vs Motherwell

Wednesday 27th January - Ross County vs Motherwell

Wednesday 3rd February - Motherwell vs Dundee United

Saturday 6th February - Celtic vs Motherwell

Wednesday 10th February - Kilmarnock vs Motherwell

Saturday 13th February - Motherwell vs Hamilton

Wednesday 24th February - St Mirren vs Motherwell

Saturday 27th February - Hibernian vs Motherwell

Look forward to playing their full strength sides. Celtic have to play a weakened side for the last two fixtures as a result of Covid 19. 

They have played a blinder here. I hope our team are so up for these two fixtures in particular. 

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Straker is outside, the one in the east is a moving replica of Dee mugging off Lee Wallace, I believe.

In these cash-strapped times it might be better to just go for a Trafalgar Square style empty plinth, with a brass plate which simply reads, "The Assailant Remains at Large".

I honestly think on talent alone Long/Cole/Watt is a very good set of centre forward options for this level, probably the 4th best in the league outside of the OF and Hibs. Obviously that hasn't materialised at all but I can understand if Alexander is reluctant to give up on any of them yet.

38 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I honestly think on talent alone Long/Cole/Watt is a very good set of centre forward options for this level, probably the 4th best in the league outside of the OF and Hibs. Obviously that hasn't materialised at all but I can understand if Alexander is reluctant to give up on any of them yet.

A genuine question. Do we think Graham Alexander knows Chris Long exists?

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I mean, that's 2 in 2 for Cole under Alexander and Watt's assisted both of them. Obviously the problem is we're not scoring more than that and we're falling over when we have to make subs. I've no idea if there's anything in the Rooney rumour (I assume not) but a signing like that would be a notable shift from what we were used to under Robinson: "he's a great option to have and can play anywhere across the front 3".

Actually having an experienced penalty box striker to drop in to the team would be an absolute fucking revelation IMO.

It's such a small sample size you can't really make any judgements either way but I don't think I'm alone in saying that I have absolutely no idea what Alexander's overall approach to fitba' is but he's set up with a 433 in both games and it feels like he's kind of simplified things a bit. When you compare Bevis' performance yesterday to the game at Ibrox then it feels like incremental tweaks rather than wholesale changes.

We went 433 against Rangers at FP last time and were scudded 5-1 - largely thanks to Bobby Madden but still...

Edited by capt_oats