Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I think a big part of the second half drop offs in both games so far is the lack of a runner willing to just pick up the ball and carry it the length of the pitch to get us out of trouble, in the mold of say, Chr*s C*dden. Seedorf just constantly runs into trouble and loses possession. There's players with those attributes in the squad- O'Donnell, Hastie, Grimshaw, Lawless (?)- but it doesn't seem to be materialising right now.

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I think a big part of the second half drop offs in both games so far is the lack of a runner willing to just pick up the ball and carry it the length of the pitch to get us out of trouble, in the mold of say, Chr*s C*dden. Seedorf just constantly runs into trouble and loses possession. There's players with those attributes in the squad- O'Donnell, Hastie, Grimshaw, Lawless (?)- but it doesn't seem to be materialising right now.

Speaking of Grimshaw...he's another (along with O'Hara) who wasn't in the squad today.

Injured?

51 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Speaking of Grimshaw...he's another (along with O'Hara) who wasn't in the squad today.

Injured?

Someone on steelmen (sure it was onthefringes so it will be correct) said o’hara was suffering the after effects of concussion and Grimshaw was in his sick bed.

50 minutes ago, weemac said:

Someone on steelmen (sure it was onthefringes so it will be correct) said o’hara was suffering the after effects of concussion and Grimshaw was in his sick bed.

Cheers, Steelmen's not a part of the internet I dip into much (at all) these days. If OTF is saying that then it'll be correct.

Wasn't suggesting anything by it I just noticed neither were in the squad.

Alexander said on radio Scotland before hand something about O Hara having a knock on his knee and they'd hoped he'd have been fine but he didn't make it through training this week, didn't say anything about a concussion.

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Anyone else hearing Campbell is away?

I'd be genuinely sad if he was as he is my favourite player of the last few years - doesn't feel like he's been himself recently though it has to be said.

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

I'd be genuinely sad if he was as he is my favourite player of the last few years - doesn't feel like he's been himself recently though it has to be said.

Thought he was pretty solid today done what he had to do and put himself about but as you say he’s been quiet.

I'm honestly not that fucked about Campbell. Aside from the downside of having to replace a key player in January while in a relegation battle I think it's probably for the best if he moves on while we still get money for him and before he starts to stagnate which I fear is beginning to happen.

Whilst I think Campbell is far from our worst offender of late, it seems like he's gone from being the driving force from midfield who was adding goals, to a player who is just about alright for a Motherwell midfielder in the last couple of months, so even though we'd be due just about the same in the summer in compensation, if we can use whatever we profit from a transfer fee to help freshen things up a bit then that would probably be favourable.

He's been absolutely superb for us overall, but it just feels like the right time might be upon us. But it's not like he if he left now we would be someone who has performed when the team hasn't through this run.

Anyone else finding themselves more invested in games again? Probably a combination of the novelty factor around a new manager as well as the 6 point fiasco tightening things up again significantly but I'm actually finding myself paying full attention to games and anxiously checking the league table during the week again after basically watching the first half of the season in autopilot.