Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Do many of you have a leaning either way on Bradford? I'm not going to pretend I follow their results or anything but I've always vaguely wanted them to do well solely because of the Claret and Amber thing.

Never felt any particular affection for Galatasaray or Roma though for some reason.

I have always looked at Roma strips but never bought one.

6 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

Even when he’s not at one he still manages to get sacked by a club in claret and amber.

I remember the light relief when he tried to juggle the ball on the sidelines, Bara had a giggle too.

27 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I saw Graeme Alexander’s name being suggested in the Daily Record of all places. Not the worst shout I’ve heard. I’d still probably take Tommy Wright until the end of the season first to be fair.

Graham Alexander was sat behind me at Fir Park one time scouting someone (I didn't ask who he was watching).

The Salford millions maybe skews his time there a bit but...it's probably not the worst shout tbh. He's managed over 100 games at 3 clubs.

I don't think it's too wild to say he fits the sort of profile of someone we'd look at.

1661669521_ScreenShot2020-12-31at20_49_20.thumb.png.9a899a142230499a1a4e753675525779.png

1955900522_ScreenShot2020-12-31at20_50_55.png.53237eb13d955f21bd2362c2c420d19d.png

16 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Do many of you have a leaning either way on Bradford? I'm not going to pretend I follow their results or anything but I've always vaguely wanted them to do well solely because of the Claret and Amber thing.

Never felt any particular affection for Galatasaray or Roma though for some reason.

I have no opinion on Bradford however I do own a ton of Roma shirts.

The claret and amber is a nice tie in but it's largely on account of Totti, De Rossi and Batistuta that I took an interest.

Edited by capt_oats

37 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:
He managed us for 3 years and my enduring memory is him trying to justify a 6-1 defeat because "3 of the goals were deflections". 

The enduring memory surely has to be getting put out the cup off a team with 2 last names that were sitting third bottom in league 2 at the time.

ropy said:

I remember the light relief when he tried to juggle the ball on the sidelines, Bara had a giggle too.

The image of him raging with Baraclough’s huge grin in the background (think while we were 3-0 up at Ibrox) is still imprinted in my head today. 

Edited by ZX1886

The s*n claiming Lasley is to be given 4 games to prove himself.

That would be.
Hamilton Accies (A)
St Mirren (A)
Rangers (H)
Aberdeen (A)

Getting thrown right in at the deep end it seems. Realistically how many points would he have to take from those 4 to convince the club? 

Edited by ZX1886

15 minutes ago, Swello said:

The quality of McCall's good team (and the amount of actual *fun* I had going to the fitba) buys him immunity for anything that happened afterwards as far as I'm concerned

EDdeZQ_WwAA6CyY?format=jpg&name=large

The peak of McCall's time was surreal. Mental turning up at every game expecting us to score about 4.

7 minutes ago, ZX1886 said:

That would be.
Hamilton Accies (A)
St Mirren (A)
Rangers (H)
Aberdeen (A)

Getting thrown right in at the deep end it seems. Realistically how many points would he have to take from those 4 to convince the club? 

Alex Dyer had a similar trial period with 3 games in charge.He lost all 3 and was given the job! 

There were lots of highlights in McCall’s time but that spell from the victory against Celtic where Faddy won a hunner heifers until the end of the season was just pure joy!

Tbf the 3-1 victory was great but I always remember the 2-1 game when Higdon scored the winner shortly after Celtic equalised more fondly. Probably just because it was Fir Park at night [emoji7]

What I’d give to beat either of the OF once this season never mind back to back with Lennon greeting in the stand.

9 hours ago, ZX1886 said:

That would be.
Hamilton Accies (A)
St Mirren (A)
Rangers (H)
Aberdeen (A)

Whilst I wouldn’t believe anything in that paper, if this were to be the case, I’d say 6 points and the job is his. It would also be something of a miracle given our recents performances and results. 

Anyone remember this wee gem from New Year's day 2014?

Lionel Ainsworth was unplayable that day. I was sitting in the east stand and any time he got the ball in the 2nd half something seemed to happen. Faddy's goal to finish things wasn't bad either. Not that I'm drawing any conclusions but he started to go downhill after his hair transplant.