Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Our recent form plus the lack of "proper" fitba could be getting to me and I'm probably ranting about nothing. Please feel free to call me out if that's the case but it feels like we've left a 15 year old lassie in charge of our social media recently.

This is me TBH. I think I'm normally at the positive end of the spectrum as far as yer da's go - but the lack of actual games to go to has made me variably uninterested (I've "missed" plenty of games this season where the stream is free for me and haven't paid for a single away game) and snarky about stuff that is being done with the best of intentions (like trying to put a positive spin on a highlight-less season).  

FWIW, I don't think the output from the club has got worse - you could actually argue the opposite as they have to do more with *way* less - but without the context of a live game to base it around, it does come over as pretty redundant at times. 

I honestly think Ryan Murrant has brought out more seethe in me than any player or manager. I've remained relatively placid throughout relegation dogfights but I was regularly fucking fizzing at some of the shite the official account was hitting out with on Twitter.

15 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Anyone know if Lang will still be available for Accies game??

Asking this because Mc Namara of St Johnstone is available on Jan 2 before returning to Millwall.

I'd think he should be available, I could be wrong but I don't think the window opens until the 4th so his registration won't have transferred back.

Whether he plays or not is a different story I suppose.

Edited by capt_oats

Alright lads.

No not here to gloat (especially not with this long still to play) but I’ve been looking at the live table just there on bbc to see where this (hopeful) 3 points should leave us.

I’m not sure if it’s been discussed on here at all but if anything Motherwell could be the biggest losers out of this whole Covid cancellation business. You were sitting a week ago looking really good and I’m assuming looking more up towards Hibs/Aberdeen than down towards the bottom. However with the points being taken back off you, and potentially a bad night tonight, suddenly things look a wee bit dodgy for Motherwell. By biggest losers I don’t mean purely by the points but just with the impact of that points gain/loss could have on the mentality and confidence of your side.

Another absolute muck performance tonight.

We carry no threat, defence is awful and we have nothing in the way of character in that squad. That we are sitting here on the 30th December and still not scored an equaliser is disgraceful.

It's time up for Robinson, no two ways about it.

Time to go Robinson I'm afraid (not his biggest fan anyway).

Not a reaction our recent form, we've been honking for the last 12 months.

Bereft of ideas and atrocious signing  have turned us into a really shite team, only bright spark has been Tony Watt but he can't do it all alone.

Trouble is, who do we get to replace Robinson on our budget (Please god not Lasley)

If/when Robinson does go I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in us not handing the job to Lasley. That would be a terrible move, especially.if it was to happen just now.

Robinson does need to go though. Six League wins in the whole of 2020. That is a truly pathetic return and no faux third placed finish can sugarcoat that.

15 minutes ago, MJC said:

It's time up for Robinson, no two ways about it.

There will be a lot of this kicking around but there isn't even the tiniest chance of it happening at this stage, so it's scarcely worth typing it out.

We've got a model where we actively sell anyone that is half decent as long as the money is right - the fact that Robinson's team has been constantly weakened (and some of the best young players sold early depriving him of the next players coming through) whilst the bank balance improved will buy him a huge amount of time with the board. I actually think - whether supporters agree with it or not - Robinson will get more benefit of the doubt than a lot of previous managers would have had.

None of that excuses the fact that the team as it stands is, objectively, shite. This season's team is up there with any other team I can think of from McGhee, McCall, Barraclough, etc that had us in the relegation grubber and anyone in a position of authority at the club that tries to hide from the fact that this could well be our season would be failing in their job.

We've turned it round repeatedly over the past 30+ years so there is no point in giving it up at this point - but the next game and the appeal stuff later in January, as well as the transfer window are going to go a long way...

51 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Alright lads.

No not here to gloat (especially not with this long still to play) but I’ve been looking at the live table just there on bbc to see where this (hopeful) 3 points should leave us.

I’m not sure if it’s been discussed on here at all but if anything Motherwell could be the biggest losers out of this whole Covid cancellation business. You were sitting a week ago looking really good and I’m assuming looking more up towards Hibs/Aberdeen than down towards the bottom. However with the points being taken back off you, and potentially a bad night tonight, suddenly things look a wee bit dodgy for Motherwell. By biggest losers I don’t mean purely by the points but just with the impact of that points gain/loss could have on the mentality and confidence of your side.

The way we are playing just now, we’d still be in trouble with those 6 points. It just wouldn’t have been so obvious until, possibly, too late - after the transfer window has closed. 

15 minutes ago, MJC said:

If/when Robinson does go I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in us not handing the job to Lasley. That would be a terrible move, especially.if it was to happen just now.

Robinson does need to go though. Six League wins in the whole of 2020. That is a truly pathetic return and no faux third placed finish can sugarcoat that.

You could always leave early.