Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

21 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Lot of Motherwell lads have made a complete arse of themselves over the past few days. I expect a few to climb back into their boxes and start deleting posts.

This has without a doubt been the highlight of their year.

You're just grumpy because Juliet is a sock.

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic played their hand you raised with a bluff, Celtic re-raised maybe time for you to fold.

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

I don't think he is actually the agent.

I have also been saying he'll join Celtic all along.

29 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic played their hand you raised with a bluff, Celtic re-raised maybe time for you to fold.

That has precisely zero bearing on the fact that you are, in point of fact, a weapon. I might even be so bold as to label you a nuclear device.

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Lot of Motherwell lads have made a complete arse of themselves over the past few days. I expect a few to climb back into their boxes and start deleting posts.

This has without a doubt been the highlight of their year.

Tbh it's been 100% worth it, it was all a good laugh really. I expect the Celtic fans who were slating him (and the club) all week to do a complete 180 as well. The toys out the pram statement was also glorious. A lot of this is what makes football a good laugh.

The bit that is killing the Celtic support deep down here is everyone now knows his preference was never to go to Celtic and he's only joined you because no one from England would stump up the cash to get a bid accepted. The realisation of this is too much to take for many of your fans.

Ultimately we all know DT will be away down to the EPL as soon as he possibly can. Like Stuart Armstrong before him he doesn't drink the 'Shellic Family' Kool-Aid.

I honestly wish him all the best, it's been a pleasure watching someone of his quality at FP.

23 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

I take it we're waiting for the Turnbull saga to end before we announce any more new players?

It's went pretty quiet on that front

I’m resigned to losing him so tbh not fussed now just want to see who’s new and going to step up for us next year and hopefully we have a new saviour.

36 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Quite interested to see how long the contract is.

Having a quick look back Armstrong was 3.5 years. Signed in the January window '15 running through until 2018. Given the reported fee for Turnbull I wouldn't be surprised if it was a 4 year deal tbh.

Apparently the Armstrong fee was £1.6m plus add ons. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/31088504

34 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

I take it we're waiting for the Turnbull saga to end before we announce any more new players?

It's went pretty quiet on that front

I'd guess from an optics point of view they'll want to get this out the way first. No one really wants to announce a new signing when folk are still talking about whether our best player is leaving or not. Kind of kills the vibe.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were maybe a couple of contract extensions announced as well to help move things on.

Edited by capt_oats

This has worked out well, the fans blew up when the club announced the deal, then when Celtic had their hissy fit the fans started to laugh at them, this has taken the heat out the situation and Motherwell walk away with £3M and the fans looking for the next signing.

The guy Long got a fairly lukewarm reception last week, so you’d hate to be the guy announced on the back of the Turnbull to Celtic confirmation.

Although are we not back for pre-season tomorrow? So I guess they couldn’t sit on any potential announcements for too long. I hope for their sake they’ve got something good, to appease the more emotional element of our support. New deal for Alan Campbell would be my bet.

Agree with those saying you can’t fault the club or Turnbull over this. They set a price to get maximum value, stuck to it and got it. It’s not their fault clubs down South didn’t want to pay it.

Despite chat of him being undervalued by the club or of the much talked about ‘bidding war’, the fact is clubs down South simply don’t value our game enough to give us what we want for Turnbull despite having ample opportunity to do so. 

11 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

The guy Long got a fairly lukewarm reception last week, so you’d hate to be the guy announced on the back of the Turnbull to Celtic confirmation.

Although are we not back for pre-season tomorrow? So I guess they couldn’t sit on any potential announcements for too long. I hope for their sake they’ve got something good, to appease the more emotional element of our support. New deal for Alan Campbell would be my bet.

Agree with those saying you can’t fault the club or Turnbull over this. They set a price to get maximum value, stuck to it and got it. It’s not their fault clubs down South didn’t want to pay it.

Despite chat of him being undervalued by the club or of the much talked about ‘bidding war’, the fact is clubs down South simply don’t value our game enough to give us what we want for Turnbull despite having ample opportunity to do so. 

As part of the Twitter shitshow last week I thought this comment from Flow was telling: "I also am acutely aware that we need to entertain fans the way we did in the last five months of the season and Stephen R, Martin F and I are working very hard on that too."

He's not daft so I'd guess he's at least aware of the framing of this sort of stuff.

6 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Gboly to be announced seconds after Turnbull leaves imo.

The unveiling video starts with a close-up of a Motherwell shirt with only the number 28 visible. The camera slowly pans out to show the name "Ariyibi" on the back.

I can't wait.

Just saw the bold Div Turnbull going into the Costa at Carfin .

Was tempted to get out the car , thank him for his services and the social media lol's over the last couple of days , and wish him well .

Decided that being approached by some randomer in his 40's might not be high on the wishlist for the day of Scottish football's hottest talent  , so I'll just say it on here instead .

Cheers David boy , it's been brief but by f**k it's been enjoyable .