• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Casagolda

Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

27 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, I'd been quite looking forward to Polworth then remembered he lines up next to Super Joe. 

To be fair to Chalmers, the Championship looks to be his level. Some of his deliveries into the box last night were pretty decent and he didn't look too bad defensively, although I suppose that's to be expected when he doesn't have Zak fucking Jules alongside him.

11 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

To be fair to Chalmers, the Championship looks to be his level. Some of his deliveries into the box last night were pretty decent and he didn't look too bad defensively, although I suppose that's to be expected when he doesn't have Zak fucking Jules alongside him.

I often wonder if I was too harsh on Super Joe. Considering the Dundee debacle had a defensive unit with Samson, McMillan, Heneghan and Jules in there beside him. 

Then I remember that on multiple occasions we'd have been better digging a hole at left back instead of him. 

2 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Oh aye, this wasn't aimed as a criticism of Super Joe at all. He's a lovely, lovely big lad and I'm so glad someones figured out what to do with him. 

7 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I often wonder if I was too harsh on Super Joe. Considering the Dundee debacle had a defensive unit with Samson, McMillan, Heneghan and Jules in there beside him. 

Then I remember that on multiple occasions we'd have been better digging a hole at left back instead of him. 

He couldn't, and can't, tackle. Why someone decided he was a defender is absolutely beyond me. Stick him somewhere to use that wand of a left foot and figure the rest out.

30 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

He could, however, ping the mince into a Findus crispy pancake from 30 yards using his left foot.

:lol:

Yeah Chalmers is never a defender in a million years.  He's a left footed CM and we get some decent performances from him in that role.  We tried him at LB for the first 2 games of last season and Robbo has never played him there since. 

5 minutes ago, Stonegiant said:

That's Shea Gordon off to Thistle permantly. 

There’s definitely a player there, but until he finds a way to actually turn up in more than 20% of his matches, he would never have got near your first team.

22 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

There’s definitely a player there, but until he finds a way to actually turn up in more than 20% of his matches, he would never have got near your first team.

Probably would help if his legs weren't made of cardboard.

Saw a few tweets bemoaning the fact we let him go. Really?

14 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Probably would help if his legs weren't made of cardboard.

That's it innit. I just double-checked, he made his debut in the season we signed him 16/17 which was Jacob Blyth-era Motherwell. He was around the squad for 9 games and made 3 appearances then missed most of the next season with injury (and missed a chunk of this season too from what I can tell).

He can't help the injuries, but ultimately he needs games and he's not going to get in our midfield ahead of Ballon d'or or Campbell. Semple's probably ahead of him at the moment too now. 

Good luck to him like. Hope he does well at Thistle.

13 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

People are fucking weird.

Edited by capt_oats

Social media’s always the same tbf, people absolutely outraged at bang average players being shipped out.

The boy needs games and he’s not good enough to get them at Fir Park, good luck to him. 

18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Happens everytime.  I am still waiting to find that player we are regretting letting go from our Youth Team.  

1 minute ago, Antiochas III said:

Happens everytime.  I am still waiting to find that player we are regretting letting go from our Youth Team.  

BUT WHAT ABOUT LAWLESS?!1?11?1!!!?

28 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

We have fans bemoaning the release of Aaron Comrie. Youth players really cloud the judgement of even the most sensible supporters.

on that note, have Motherwell let anyone go in the last, say 20 years that we have regretted? Is lawless the only one who you'd be inclined to say could probably have done a job for us at one point.

also after listening to Si ferry's interview with Steven Fletcher, I had no idea he was on the books with us before Hibs.

With quite frankly freaky timing there's yer @AndyRoss doing a MFC Podcast interview with the bold Mo Ross on the whole Academy ting...

32 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

on that note, have Motherwell let anyone go in the last, say 20 years that we have regretted? Is lawless the only one who you'd be inclined to say could probably have done a job for us at one point.

also after listening to Si ferry's interview with Steven Fletcher, I had no idea he was on the books with us before Hibs.

I never knew that Fletcher was with us either. Hopefully nobody on Well Fans II has picked up on this.

36 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

I'm sure Lawless could have probably got in the team but you then think we had Lionel ripping them into the top corner from 35 yards at points in the last few years I don't think you could say we missed out any much. 

Everyone else? Pretty much all of them have gone on to do a whole lot of nothing.