Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

10 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Best sharpen those hatchets again next year boys 

Go scout non league for aggressive players to suit your anti football you have adopted under Robinson

I am sure you will sign some animal who once played for mean machine to come up and be your best player 

_103674561_15488722.jpg

44 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Best sharpen those hatchets again next year boys 

Go scout non league for aggressive players to suit your anti football you have adopted under Robinson

I am sure you will sign some animal who once played for mean machine to come up and be your best player 

You haven't seen us for a while, have you?

5 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

There's loads of posts from Tartan Tammy being quoted but I don't see his original posts (apart from those on this page). What's going on here? Has he selectively deleted some of them? Do we just ignore him and hope he gets fed up trolling?

It was the same on the Scotland forum in the David Turnbull thread, he went full "big hoose must stay open" mode in there and seemed to be deleting things.

2 hours ago, Casagolda said:

The only two I really wanted to keep were Ally Gorrin and Hastie. The latter has already signed for somebody else and the former’s agent seems to be punting his name about here, there and everywhere- so we can assume he’s away as well.

The rest? I’d just bin those offers now to be honest. The likes of Frear, Main and McHugh for a multitude of reasons probably won’t sign on again and with the greatest of respect, none of them are irreplaceable or worth hanging about waiting on.

Would love to keep Aldred and probably Ariyibi as well but I’d imagine both would be well outwith our budget. Obviously you’d have to keep Cadden’s offer on the table for compensation purposes but other than that, I’d be saying our thank you’s and moving onto other targets.  

Agree with this. I posted a video of Robinson's pre-season chat from last season and he talks about feeling like you need to change things a bit every year (in that case he was talking about different back-room staff in the shape of a new physio).

The fact is that the team and style of play as it is, is different now to what it was earlier this season, certainly compared to last season and the period when Frear and McHugh signed. There's loads to like about McHugh but you see the difference in the side when Ally Gorrin's in that role, the knock on from that is that as it stands McHugh isn't a first choice anymore. Same with Frear compared to Ariyibi and Hastie. 

Nothing against these players but this season feels like a learning curve for Robinson and with the number of players out of contract (some that he inherited) it feels like a good opportunity to move on. Especially having seen the difference players like Gorrin, Ariyibi and Hastie made.

10 hours ago, nsr said:

I dreamed last night that Frear scored a hat-trick for us. For the 3rd goal the entire crowd were screaming at him not to use his left foot, so he used his right and it flew on.

On that evidence, I suggest we offer him a record deal.

Was it against someone better than Edinburgh City?

Aberdeen and Hearts have made offers to Motherwell striker Curtis Main, who will be a free agent at the end of the season. (Daily Express, print edition)

:lol:

I quite like the guy but if he manages to get a substantial wage increase on the back of a season where he’s scored 3 league goals in 31 games then fair play to him and his agent.

1 minute ago, Casagolda said:

:lol:

I quite like the guy but if he manages to get a substantial wage increase on the back of a season where he’s scored 3 league goals in 31 games then fair play to him and his agent.

I can't see where he fits in at either club TBH. Outwith Cosgrove, Aberdeen have enough strikers who don't score goals and Hearts already have Ikpeazu as their "physical presence" up front.

Based on absolutely nothing at all, I think if Main does go then it will be back to England.