Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

Bodied 3-1 by Celtic’s weans but f**k me...this shroo ball from Rehman to Sammon. emoji102.png

Sammon actually seems like he'd be ok if you give him balls to run on to and have a dig. Sadly when he was getting in the team all we done was fire it directly at his head.

I think the remaining games might be the most boring combination of fixtures the computer  could possibly have given us. We're likely playing Dundee and St Mirren too early for us to be able to send either of them doon. Motherwell vs St Johnstone/Livi doesn't exactly set the heart raging during the regular season, let alone when we've got literally nothing to play for.

Only thing I'm really left looking forward to is some more glimpses of the Young Team/Declan Gallagher.

ETA that for legal reasons I should probably say that any mention of Declan Gallagher and young teams was purely coincidental.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Sorry to break it to you lads, but the SFA/SPFL will find anyway to f**k you over when it comes to compo for Hastie. 

Made us pay 11 years of compo to sevco for Telfer when the club had been in existence for 2 years. 

Edited by NEFarab

9 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I can already tell that the Steelmen OnlineJake Hastie Compensation Tribunal thread is going to be the worst 52 pages on the internet. 

Only until Celtic start sticking in low-ball offers for Turnbull in January...

The Express quoting a quite precise sounding figure of £355k for Hastie's compensation.

FIFA rules indicate that Rangers would liable to stump up as much as £355,000 for Hastie, although the Ibrox club could try to prevent the deal heading to a tribunal by settling on a fee with their Fir Park counterparts.

However, unless this deal approaches the £355,000 mark, it’s likely the Steelmen will take their chances with the FIFA system.

Bitch better have our money, pay what you owe.

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/david-turnbull.72945/

If anyone fancies a good chuckle, here is how Rangers are going to take David Turnbull from cash strapped Motherwell for between 500k-1M and loan him back to us for two years but they aren't sure if he is better than Greg Docherty.

Aye. It fair tickled me. I'm not entirely sure where this 'cash strapped' theory has come from as we didn't really spend anything and Moult/Kipré/sell ons got us cash for days. 

32 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Aye. It fair tickled me. I'm not entirely sure where this 'cash strapped' theory has come from as we didn't really spend anything and Moult/Kipré/sell ons got us cash for days. 

Let's not try and apply logic to that fucking cesspit of a website.

I hope MFC stick with the tribunal and get the £350k.  I believe Hastie's sell-on clause would be the same value to Motherwell as Dom Thomas' will be.

4 minutes ago, Desp said:

Let's not try and apply logic to that fucking cesspit of a website.

I hope MFC stick with the tribunal and get the £350k.  I believe Hastie's sell-on clause would be the same value to Motherwell as Dom Thomas' will be.

Didn't quite tickle me as much as this headline. It's difficult to not sound like it's sour grapes but there's not even a discussion to be had on this contest. Turnbull is probably the most technically gifted player I have ever seen at Motherwell. 

5cbedc8da6d66_Screenshot2019-04-23at10_35_43.thumb.png.eb1fd1f226674f48e8d18fbb8b8d77f8.png

Just now, well fan for life said:

Didn't quite tickle me as much as this headline. It's difficult to not sound like it's sour grapes but there's not even a discussion to be had on this contest. Turnbull is probably the most technically gifted player I have ever seen at Motherwell. 

5cbedc8da6d66_Screenshot2019-04-23at10_35_43.thumb.png.eb1fd1f226674f48e8d18fbb8b8d77f8.png

I had a laugh at that myself.

As you say, it's not sour grapes but Hastie's game is about running quite fast and having a decent left foot. Don't get me wrong, when he's on his game his style of play can be very effective but, for me, there's no comparison between Turnbull and Hastie as footballers.