Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Noticed a wee bit of chatter (well, one tweet for some wee guy) on The Twitter dot com that Ousmane Fané to us from Oldham is a "done deal".

Robinson signed him when he was there and his deal's up there in the summer though a wee bit of detective work on Oldham's forum says he's already away (and gives Robbo a shout out in his IG post). Judging by a couple of replies to the tweet it seems he had a fall out with Oldham's maniac owner or something and also broke his leg and dislocated his ankle last summer.

Would make sense if McHugh's moving on.

IIRC Robinson mentioned that he already had a couple of players signed up in an interview with Graham Spiers the other week.

6ft 4 and his highlight reel is basically 20 mins of him tackling folk to some techno beats.

Edited by capt_oats

Noticed a wee bit of chatter (well, one tweet for some wee guy) on The Twitter dot com that Ousmane Fané to us from Oldham is a "done deal".
Robinson signed him when he was there and his deal's up there in the summer though a wee bit of detective work on Oldham's forum says he may already be away. Judging by a couple of replies to the tweet it seems he had a fall out with Oldham's maniac owner or something and also broke his leg and dislocated his ankle last summer.
Would make sense if McHugh's moving on.
IIRC Robinson mentioned that he already had a couple of players signed up in an interview with Graham Spiers the other week.
6ft 4 and his highlight reel is basically 20 mins of him tackling folk to some techno beats.

I’m no Columbo, but I reckon him being out for dinner with Charlie Dunne, Ally Gorrín and Gboly might have given the game away here.

(It’s on big Charlie’s Instagram. I’m not a stalker.)

10 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

I’m no Columbo, but I reckon him being out for dinner with Charlie Dunne, Ally Gorrín and Gboly might have given the game away here.

(It’s on big Charlie’s Instagram. I’m not a stalker.)

HA! I just saw the story when you mentioned it.

More Twitter chat saying he was at the game today sat with the u20s.

#welcomeOusmane #announceFané

Edited by capt_oats

For Turnbull to really be considered a multi million pound player we really can't keep him at the club. I think if we were to loan him to Newcastle next season, for example, then we'd really maximise any transfer fee we're likely to get.

This isn't really related to anything but I think Aldred might be the best centre back we've had in about a decade. You could make arguments for Craigan, Hutchinson and Kipre imo. They all had standout qualities you could point to but for an all round defender to I'd take Aldred over all three. 

He's basically turned out to be the player we thought Stephen McManus would be.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Despite not being his biggest fan, Frear has made some contribution to our form in 2019 so far in his fairly limited game time.

Won the penalty for the winner at Dens Park, set up Campbell’s winner in Paisley and scored the crucial opener yesterday. Despite the Ariyibi/Hastie hype, I’d imagine Frear’s goal and assists to minutes played would be right up there with either of them. Still raging he missed that sitter to round off what was a stunning bit of counter attacking football mind.

Good to see Cadden back as well, had some lovely touches yesterday and I think our new style/formation might get the best out of him again. Would be tempted to have him in from the start and look to bring Hastie on when the games stretched, the latter not surprisingly having gone right off the boil in recent weeks. 

Also after caning him last week, Main showed again in the build up to the opening two goals what he can bring to the team and why he’s still our best option for the time being. Although he still doesn’t ever look like scoring.

Edited by Casagolda

It would be brilliant if we could keep Aldred, Gorrin, Cadden, Hastie and Gboly as we are dynamite to watch at the moment. It’s always the same supporting a team like us though, as soon as you get a good team the vultures take the better players away.

21 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Did he not have an extension clause in his initial one year deal?

Force him to play every game possible between now and the end of the season so we can trigger the fucking thing. 

He does.

“I’ve got an option for next year. Obviously if the club is happy and I’m happy then it’s possible I will stay.”

Link

Also.

“It’s been a great chance to see the world and Scotland has been a good experience so far. It’s a different style of football, a faster pace, but I feel I have got a handle on it now.

“I have only four months left on my contract and it would be nice to settle here. I need to reach a certain number of games to get an extension but I’m not really close.

“If the manager is happy with me then hopefully I can stay.”

The Sun

So far he's made 20 appearances. How many realistically would he need to make for a clause to kick in? That interview in The Sun was 23rd January so by that point he'd only made 11 first team appearances (by my count via Transfermarkt).

Edited by capt_oats

22 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Did he not have an extension clause in his initial one year deal?

Force him to play every game possible between now and the end of the season so we can trigger the fucking thing. 

I've always wondered about how binding those clauses are. 

If he agreed a PCA with Wigan, but later triggered the extension clause, could Motherwell legally challenge his transfer? 

We had a clause with Tade, but the player refused the option and he left.

11 hours ago, capt_oats said:

So far he's made 20 appearances. How many realistically would he need to make for a clause to kick in? That interview in The Sun was 23rd January so by that point he'd only made 11 first team appearances (by my count via Transfermarkt).

You’d think about 20-25, however who knows what the clause even is? It might pertain to actual starts instead of just appearances.  

I’m sure Dunne had one last season as well but it we never actually exercised it.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've always wondered about how binding those clauses are. 

If he agreed a PCA with Wigan, but later triggered the extension clause, could Motherwell legally challenge his transfer? 

Probably not, no.

I don’t imagine it’d be worth the hassle, at best we might get some nominal fee chucked our way to cover the 2nd year.

Anyway, I’m still not convinced a guy in his mid 20’s, released from some mid-table Romanian mob I’d never heard of this summer, is suddenly going to have Championship teams chucking money at him on the back of 10 good games in the Scottish Premiership. 

Well, that’s what I’m telling myself anyway. In the desperate hope that’s really just his agent trying to drum up a better deal. 

Edited by Casagolda

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

You’d think about 20-25, however who knows what the clause even is? It might pertain to actual starts instead of just appearances.  

I’m sure Dunne had one last season as well but it we never actually exercised it.

Aye. It depends on the language involved I suppose. It may well be the case that the clause simply triggers the offer of an extension, so it'd still have to be mutually agreed.

Who knows, maybe the deal that's on the table to him at the moment is the extension option. We may never find out.

Agree that there's a fair chance it's simply an agent putting a story out there. Reading it a bit more closely it's vague enough, clubs are going to "watch" with a "view" to making a move.

Aye, alright then...

Tbh, the clubs mentioned seem to crop up quite regularly in the rumours sections. Pretty sure Cadden was linked with Wigan and Millwall last summer and Heneghan was apparently "close" to joining Blackburn at one point.

Edited by capt_oats