Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I believe the medical term for that is "Luke Watt Syndrome".

Slightly different, but I can recall Kenny Wright - a former youth player from the early 2000s who never really made it - being the answer to all our problems back in the day, according to steelmenonline and FPC of course. 

As for Tanner, you've got to worry that this almost year long lay off will have taken a massive toll on him and his career. When or indeed if he ever gets back playing for us it'll be difficult for him to get back up to the pace for this level. I'd be surprised if we saw him play this season to be honest.

On 1/13/2019 at 18:05, MJC said:

Slightly different, but I can recall Kenny Wright - a former youth player from the early 2000s who never really made it - being the answer to all our problems back in the day, according to steelmenonline and FPC of course. 

As for Tanner, you've got to worry that this almost year long lay off will have taken a massive toll on him and his career. When or indeed if he ever gets back playing for us it'll be difficult for him to get back up to the pace for this level. I'd be surprised if we saw him play this season to be honest.

Was Kenny Wright not actually ok at football but his legs completely fell off? I'm sure I mind him having some pretty bad injuries. 

Bit random but seen an interesting article about Nick Blackman on the beeb....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46850143

I thought he would be hanging about league 1 in England but wasnt aware he played and Scored for Maccabi Tel Aviv in the Europa league last season and now playing for Sporting Gijon in Spain and jusst knocked Valenica out the Copa Del Ray.

24 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Bit random but seen an interesting article about Nick Blackman on the beeb....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46850143

I thought he would be hanging about league 1 in England but wasnt aware he played and Scored for Maccabi Tel Aviv in the Europa league last season and now playing for Sporting Gijon in Spain and jusst knocked Valenica out the Copa Del Ray.

Saw that this morning. Interesting, and good for him. Have all the time in the world for him scoring loads of goals for us and not bothering his arse for Aberdeen, clearly a good sort.

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Saw that this morning. Interesting, and good for him. Have all the time in the world for him scoring loads of goals for us and not bothering his arse for Aberdeen, clearly a good sort.

Just now, Swello said:

Not often mentioned - but he was a very decent loan signing for us who (amusingly) was utter baws when he went to Aberdeen mid-season.

It was a strange period then when players and managers alike at Motherwell seemed to head up north and lose any ability they had on the way. 

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I loved Nick Blackman. Didn't he only score in away games or something? I mind him giving us the lead at Ibrox fairly late into the game before we capitulated.

He certainly scored a hat-trick at Fir Park against St. Johnstone in a midweek game.  A night where Chris Humphrey absolutely tore their left back to shreds (may have been Danny Grainger but not 100% sure).

I see Robinson is back as the favourite for the Luton job at odds ranging from 6/5 to 11/4 after previously going out to 10/1.

Wonder if there's anything in it or whether its like up here and if anybody places a significant bet on it the odds come away down.

Ps. Sorry for going all John McCririck there