Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

45 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

I loved it as well. 

I find it great that a guy signed basically so we can play 11 v 11 at training was so mentally on it that when he got the chance of 'achieving' something he was ready and went through that last 50-50 like his life depended on it.

VN maybe a shite professional but hat-tip to his professionalism!

🫡🫡🫡

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Am I the sort of sad-sack who dips into other club forums now and again? Yes.

Did I get a giggle from this? Also yes.

Screenshot2023-06-08at12_05_05.thumb.png.77b9b398711a706a493df13b35ca6c61.png

I mean, what's weird about it?

Tbf i would take that as a compliment , we tend to look at Motherwell , Killie , St.Johnstone and wonder we we cant replicate the same sort of stability 

Points more to how well run you guys are 

26 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

He actually fits with the criteria I had in my head when I threw those names together :)

If they only made single figure appearances then I think they fit the discussion. Double figures over the course of a season felt like enough of a contribution IMO.

Oh aye, sorry I've misunderstood things. Good good, let's add The Greek to the list. 

13 minutes ago, DensParkNumber1 said:

Tbf i would take that as a compliment , we tend to look at Motherwell , Killie , St.Johnstone and wonder we we cant replicate the same sort of stability 

Points more to how well run you guys are 

Tbf, I'm not affronted or scandalised by it or anything I just got a laugh when I read it.

Tbh, it helps when you're an establishment club who can finish bottom of the league and still not be relegated.

Screenshot2023-06-08at12_18_51.thumb.png.637faa32b76e3ee013337dad3bba005c.png

Edited by capt_oats

15 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Am I the sort of sad-sack who dips into other club forums now and again? Yes.

Did I get a giggle from this? Also yes.

Screenshot2023-06-08at12_05_05.thumb.png.77b9b398711a706a493df13b35ca6c61.png

I mean, what's weird about it?

"Blueboy".  "Grand Master".  Hmmmm.

56 minutes ago, CoF said:

It's also some helpful perspective on my own footballing abilities. When that player shows up at 7s who "used to play junior", they're always fucking solid and stand out an absolute mile. Translate that to me vs even a lower league semi-pro and the gulf will be absolutely laughable. It's easy to forget that even the guys that didn't make it at the level of Motherwell are still, relative to yer average guy kicking a ball about at powerleague, very good footballers. 

Aye, it’s frightening the difference between your power league jobber and even a semi-pro/part time player.
A few years ago I played a weekly game of 11’s through here in Edinburgh and occasionally during breaks in the season ‘friend of The Terrace’ Danny Denholm would come along and play. There were a few decent players in that game but even him in half arsed off-season mode (and playing at CB) was miles and miles ahead of anyone else. 

2 hours ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Semih Aydilek was another one. McGhee openly admitted he'd never seen him play before signing him on loan, he never saw a single minute.

tell you what, I've rarely seen a boy strike a ball cleaner in the warm-up than big semih.

7 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Touch wood etc but that really should be fine. Now for some luck with the fixtures!

Home to Queen's Park and East Fife.  Away to QOS and Elgin.

This will be the 4th time in 6 appearances in the Group Stages we've played QOS and 3rd time we've played Queen's Park.

52 minutes ago, one m in Motherwell said:

There seemed to be a raft of these guys during the Eric Black/Billy Davies/Butcher eras.  Some standouts (CBA looking for appearances but I don't recall they played much...)

• Steve McDonald
  • Franck Bernhard
  • Jimmy Okoli
  • Andy Smith

Andy Smith had an absolutely terrible hair cut.