Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Motherwell thread collectively nods and winks at “dog walking”.

There’s a roundabout near the Roman Baths that heads up the hill to Bellshill. In among those trees and stuff is the most dog friendly, unless it’s a wee fat thing your Mrs carries round in a handbag then the far side between the water sports centre and and the starting tower for the rowing.

This area, quite un PC-ishly, used to be known locally as, "The Poofters Car Park".

Once on my bicycle I had to ask two guys to get off the path and out the way as they were too busy with fellatio to notice me. 

1 hour ago, Kapowzer said:

Motherwell thread collectively nods and winks at “dog walking”.

I genuinely meant dog walking

If I wanted to know about "dogging" in Strathclyde Country Park I'd have posted on the Hamilton Thread

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Does anybody know how Liam Grimshaw has managed to sneak into a Wrexham legends XI in America?

https://twitter.com/Wrexham_AFC/status/1664543372118470661?t=mLLv_g1Fcn_kBypts4RV7w&s=19

I don't know but I respect the hell out of it. Seen the winning team wins *Dr Evil* one million dollars. Maybe he's eyeing up a lovely new gaff in Gourock.

12 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Does anybody know how Liam Grimshaw has managed to sneak into a Wrexham legends XI in America?

https://twitter.com/Wrexham_AFC/status/1664543372118470661?t=mLLv_g1Fcn_kBypts4RV7w&s=19

9 hours ago, well fan for life said:

I don't know but I respect the hell out of it. Seen the winning team wins *Dr Evil* one million dollars. Maybe he's eyeing up a lovely new gaff in Gourock.

Grimmy's pivot to writing/blogging is #content that, I'll be honest, caught me by surprise.

https://www.instagram.com/liamgrimshaw_/
https://thoughtsfromthefoothills.com/

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

Wonder if he still does his clothing line, I bought a T shirt from him.

I bought two of #DC44's tshirts, one was amazing and the other was made of tracing paper and fell to bits in the washing machine.

Sounds a bit like what you'd expect from a King Louis clothing line really.

Nothing sums Grimmy up more than playing in a 7-a-side tournament where his team are winning games 12-0, 7-0...and he still hasn't scored 🤣

Edited by Al B

On 31/05/2023 at 10:24, Swello said:

I listened to the Sportsound "podcast" (it was just normal Sportsound recorded from the minute the game finished IIRC) later that week and St Mirren's Chick Young went on a deliciously bitter rant about the fact we were celebrating it "like we'd won something" - his opinion was that we should have been shame faced about being in the playoff in the first place and should have slunk off the pitch afterwards.

Then - as now - I genuinely wondered how someone could make a living writing and broadcasting about Scottish football with so little insight into how it actually works. Then I remembered that he was just a massive, hurting *** and listened to it again.

I still find it utterly amazing that whilst being at an ‘Open all mics’ League Cup game involving Falkirk and Morton that went to penalties, the bold Chico confidently announced on air that the game finished 4-4 on penalties. I mean what the actual f**k!