Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

O'Donnell might not have done much on the park over the last 3 years but it's good to hear he's swanning about Lanarkshire gossiping to randoms.

And dishing out empire biscuits.

FxHXeNoXoAIGeVB?format=jpg&name=large

He had some interesting comments last night, tried to obviously media speak his way through some of the stuff but did let on that he’d had an argument the night before one of the managers got sacked about what was happening and was surprised when he then got sacked (presumably Alexander), that the biggest change he thinks since Kettlewell has came in is that the team understands the plan that is in place and in a choice of f**k, marry and kill the three bosses, he’d f**k Ketts, kill Hammell and seeing as he already argues with his wife would marry GA. 

26 minutes ago, mcfadden22 said:

Can we get wee Al back?  Cant see Luton wanting him in the Premiership if they dont want to use him in the play off

He's looking pretty pumped, I don't think he's be that front-and-centre in the celebrations he is getting binned

When he went to luton the announcement said we had negotiated a fee with "future economic benefits". Which probably meant we took a smaller amount than the training compensation would have been so that we could get add-ons.

2 minutes ago, dezz said:

Take it we wouldn’t have been able to get any sort of promotion clause or sell on seeing as he left under freedom of contract?   

Been asking that Q for a while now. Hope we did. They sure as hell can afford it now.

5 minutes ago, dezz said:

Take it we wouldn’t have been able to get any sort of promotion clause or sell on seeing as he left under freedom of contract?   

It was implied we have a sell on aye.

This was the wording when it was announced he was signing with them.

Screenshot2023-05-27at20_22_07.thumb.png.98fa767e255f732345cfb91a1393d896.png

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, dezz said:

I can't remember the details but I believe we negotiated a deal in lieu of compensation...I suspect Luton aren't the only ones opening champagne (well maybe fizzy wine) tonight.

Between this and Alexander it's potentially a lucrative day for us!

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, he's made 47 appearances for them this season.

Screenshot2023-05-27at20_19_41.thumb.png.d395f335614a90381802978153f75cb5.png

A lot of those appearances since Xmas have been as a sub. Nowhere near as much love for him this season as last but fans by and large appreciate his work ethic, just seems there's other players who have eclipsed him in performances this season.

If we did forego some of our £400k ish development compo then you'd hope there would be a trigger such as EPL promotion over and above a portion of next sale.