Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

18 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The pub rumours is Morris is on a very decent wage and has no interest in cutting it. Very Winston Bogarde-esque

I kind of refuse to believe that he couldn't offer something as well btw. Unless he's just an absolute gobshite to have around, seems mad.

18 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I kind of refuse to believe that he couldn't offer something as well btw. Unless he's just an absolute gobshite to have around, seems mad.

This is really where I was coming from -fair enough, he doesn't want to go but it seems weird that he would simply be disappeared and not utilised in any sense when he will be (you'd think) in the upper quarter of our wage bill.

41 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Aye, that's kind of where I'm at with it. 

For all Alexander had many faults, if he got the *numbers* that he did out of Morris, you can surely see why he would sign him again. One of his seasons with Grezza he scored 19 and assisted 17, that's quite simply phenomenal at any level.

I don't have anything positive to say about the small sample size that I have seen from Morris, but surely we might have seen a bit more had he got more of a choice.

I don't know whether he just got tarred with Grezza's brush too much.

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Don't actually have a problem with this either tbh. The (knee) was a lot of shite anyway, and while the theory behind it is fine, as soon as you're not playing well or you're not having a great time it's another stick to beat folk with so why bother?

Aye. I don't disagree there at all.

It's just that once you've set your stall out with the broad idea of transparency it's very noticeable when it stops and there were a lot of players who seemed to disappear for one reason or another under Alexander even going back to Polworth after he had his shitfit at Pittodrie.

21 minutes ago, Swello said:

This is really where I was coming from -fair enough, he doesn't want to go but it seems weird that he would simply be disappeared and not utilised in any sense when he will be (you'd think) in the upper quarter of our wage bill.

Definitely.

Going by Transfermarkt he's not made a match squad since the 2-2 against Killie in December and hasn't been on the park since Celtic at the start of November.

So it's not even as if he's just been phased out with the January 9 arriving.

Screenshot2023-03-23at15_24_52.thumb.png.17daf23b586d061a221b9f9a98e8da71.png

43 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Aye, that's kind of where I'm at with it. 

For all Alexander had many faults, if he got the *numbers* that he did out of Morris, you can surely see why he would sign him again. One of his seasons with Grezza he scored 19 and assisted 17, that's quite simply phenomenal at any level.

I don't have anything positive to say about the small sample size that I have seen from Morris, but surely we might have seen a bit more had he got more of a choice.

I don't know whether he just got tarred with Grezza's brush too much.

I mean, there will be no Josh Morris redemption arc but I was genuinely confused by people kicking off when he signed (before he'd kicked a baw).

He scored 20 goals in 52 games from midfield in his first season for Alexander at Scunthorpe having already played for him at Fleetwood. It was pretty fucking obvious why Alexander signed him.

Lads...

2 hours ago, Div said:

Q&A was very good last night. Robbo was there with Mark O'Hara and both came across very well.

Nothing really earth shattering although was interesting to hear that Robbo really doesn't want to play 3-5-2, he just realised that was the formation that could best utilise the strengths we had in the squad and that was a base from which to build.

Ideally, eventually, he'd prefer us to be able to play 4-3-3 but acknowledged there is always a fine balance between what you ideally want to do and the players you can get into the building given the budget we have.

He's still hopeful of getting both Dunne and Main to sign a new contract but he did seem slightly more positive about the former. Said both absolutely love the club but end of the day both have admirers down South and the money down there is ridiculous, even League 2 and some conference clubs paying a lot more than we can.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I’m guessing the club have maybe taken the approach that there’s more chance of him blinking first and willing to agree to some sort of severance if he realises he’s got absolutely f**k all chance of playing? 

44 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Guy probably orders from the "European Section" when he goes for an Indian.  

Aye definitely a "is the Chicken Maryland spicy?"

Has anyone from there posted the 1,000x we've called them moonhowlers?

Hadn’t really looked at SO in years so headed over for a scan on the back of this chat. Funny to see the same few names that put me off reading it a loooong time ago still chatting gash. Commitment to being insufferable or a total lack of awareness of being a gobshite/pain in the arse. Who knows. Some achievement mind.

6 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Well, that's us telt. Talk about down the fucking rabbit hole...

image.png.d5bc77137569fd3a1acf1e2223afeca1.png

Had a Tikka Paneer for a starter at Bombay Kitchen. Didn't see what all the fuss was about tbh. Paneer didn't have much flavour.

As for Block E/ Well Bois or whatever they are calling themselves these days... it seems to me that every time they do a big display we get beat. And the displays are pretty bad. The plastic flags they had at the start of the season were horrific. Marches, banners can generally get in the bin.

Also the Blair Spittal song is fucking rank.

7 hours ago, Quatermass said:

Funny to see the same few names that put me off reading it a loooong time ago still chatting gash. Commitment to being insufferable or a total lack of awareness of being a gobshite/pain in the arse. Who knows. Some achievement mind.

100% why I stopped reading and I'd bet my house on it being the same poster you are referring to as well.

TBF, we are the roasters to them. I am fine with both websites. I never really got the whole "SO has worse posters" thing, sure there is some wild opinions at times but that's where ye find the wild posts, on the club specific forums.

I know SO gets a bad rap on here from time to time, as @Busta Nut says above, the content there is generally what you expect to get on club specific forums and we're the roasters to them.

That said, I was curious to know the context and what prompted slander like that as beyond (fair) comment about graphic design choices and (lack of) proof reading there hasn't really been any real mention of the recent Bois stuff on The Thread - which is fine.

Tbh, while the original post that mentions P&B is maybe a bit on the nose that thread is definitely...something.

If nothing else it's a case in point as to why folk can find a forum like SO hard work and ngl 6 pages of relentless doubling down is pretty much why I sacked off posting there years ago. It's exhausting.

Lads, honestly, sometimes people just want to talk about curry and this has always been the energy that I'm here for on this thread.

E6C7UWyXoAEKP8L.jpg

Either way, they've definitely got our number. :lol:

Screenshot2023-03-24at08_42_21.thumb.png.b1e6b6351efad0a40b7dab7fb2ac27cf.png

Edited by capt_oats