Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

We played OK, but panicked on the ball too many times. It was good to see the injured guys get back on the pitch, but thought we might have saw miller since it was the midfield that was struggling. Mcginn played well considering he apparently had an illness, some dedication to still fly into tackles when there was a risk of a biological disaster. I may have to subscribe to the Busta goalkeeping newsletter.

Looking at the opposition, it looks like they might be league title spectators for some time. 

Didn't think much of the offside, but var fucked that too. Drew the line at the defenders hand, which I thought we'd stopped doing?

How many generations are we away from the vile song book getting binned?

Defeatist as it is, I'm not too bothered about today...we were competitive, scored a nice goal and minus two on the gd far from a disaster.

Of course individual mistakes are annoying but we're Motherwell, we're always going to make them. 

If we're better against Hibs (regardless of result), I'll still feel confident of picking up another two points from the home games pre split.

If we can get the English league to take the Glasgow two, can they take the referees with them? I used to think it was better to have them in our league for the money and stuff, but I think it's time to patch them and move on.

I'd rather lose 4-2 than 2-0, It's a bit shite that this is the state of affairs but I'm relatively happy to avoid getting slaughtered in most of these games right now. 

KVV is fucking great to watch right now, if that lob had went in I think we might just have hung on.

15 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I'd rather lose 4-2 than 2-0, It's a bit shite that this is the state of affairs but I'm relatively happy to avoid getting slaughtered in most of these games right now. 

KVV is fucking great to watch right now, if that lob had went in I think we might just have hung on.

Yeah he’d be elevated into the pantheon of getting welcomed back in 5 years time when his legs are gone.

It's a small thing - but at least we made a reasonably competitive game of it today - I walked out not too bothered by that loss (and no real damage to our goal difference). 

If Kelly was an outfield player, we'd all be expecting him benched for a few weeks but really we've got no idea what the other guy is like. Without the benefit of seeing it again, the equaliser from the freekick looked terrible and his general kicking and handling has been gash for months.

Slattery looked vaguely out his depth all day and I've got no idea if he really did elbow that cheating bastart - but an early booking for him was always likely to end up one way. If we're serious about Miller, let's get him in at Slattery's expense.

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

Slattery looked vaguely out his depth all day and I've got no idea if he really did elbow that cheating bastart - but an early booking for him was always likely to end up one way. If we're serious about Miller, let's get him in at Slattery's expense.

Slattery needs to be coached out of his instinct to go for a foul when he wins the ball.

he got sent off for a hand off when he had clear space to dribble into. In the first half the ball broke to him on the edge of the box, instead of looking for the shot he turned his back to goal to look for a foul.

He routinely falls over at the slightest contact and sometimes the refs don't give him the decision and he looks like a complete idiot. IDK if he is out ofcontract but I wouldn't be rushing to give him a new deal. If either him or Goss are free agents in the summer the club has to let them go and get a change in there. It is clear the two of them can't play together.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

He routinely falls over at the slightest contact and sometimes the refs don't give him the decision and he looks like a complete idiot. IDK if he is out of contract but I wouldn't be rushing to give him a new deal. If either him or Goss are free agents in the summer the club has to let them go and get a change in there. It is clear the two of them can't play together.

Goss is out of contract.

Slattery has another year.

Slattery has been in a slump for a while for reasons we don't need to recap but he strikes me his potential ceiling is still relatively high for us. If he finds that next season he'll leave for nothing - would you think he's worth an extension on current (no doubt generous)? Probably not. So aye, should we get the chance to cut our losses in summer I'd be tempted to take it.

Goss I'd still tell to go...another peach of a non-assist today for the goal but over two years there's no just the trust there he'll contribute week in week out.

10 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Good day for us. None of the bottom 3 winning. St Mirren still catchable. 

Especially as at one point United and Killie were winning.

As you say could have been a lot worse and we have one of the Old firm games out of the way ! 

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Especially as at one point United and Killie were winning.

As you say could have been a lot worse and we have one of the Old firm games out of the way ! 

I was actually quite happy when United were winning despite it being entirely counterintuitive. I think I've let St Mirren fans into my head slightly too much.