Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

16 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

loathe to post this but I need someone to watch it and convey if there's anything interesting. I refuse to watch that arsehat and the spotty p***k.

Most interesting thing is that he's using his dressing room accent and not his Sportsound/club media accent.

ETA: Interesting his chat about "reactions" - sounded like he was talking about KVV.

Edited by Swello

I think if Kelly was ever going to win a cap, with the infrequency of friendlies these days, it would've been against Turkey in November.

If Clarke had any faith in using him, he'd have seen how he fared, with Gordon approaching his 40th at the time and Kelly being next in line. The fact that he didn't and then when Gordon got injured, he went out and pursued Gunn tells you what you need to know.

Clark has probably pipped him in to second choice on recent form too.

I can't remember who it was that mentioned about SK and NA being quite vocal towards Kelly from the sidelines (I think it was in the Killie game?) but it's probably worth mentioning that there looks to have been a bit of a change in his game since Hammell exited.

Not arguing for a second that he's the international class keeper some of our fanbase seem weirdly fixated on him being but against County it felt like he was coming for (if not actually collecting) a lot more.

Genuinely hope he sees a continued uptick in form.

Also, apropos of nothing...OTD in 1998.

47 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Oh...

That sweet, sweet solidarity %.

Anyway, it's a bit of a LOL given the mild shitstorm around him kb'ing our offer of a pro-contract.

Articles in the Record about big clubs hoovering up the best Scottish talent incoming.

6 minutes ago, Swello said:

Articles in the Record about big clubs hoovering up the best Scottish talent incoming.

More likely the use it as evidence Colt sides need to be playing higher up the pyramid.

With modern software I bet 2 or 3 of our youth team the same as every other in Scotland has pinged on Barca's and RM's scouting watchlists.

I'd maybe take this with a pinch of salt, it's just the lazy Record linking our players to OF and OF players to the Premiership, just moving the datum of where they currently are. 

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I can't remember who it was that mentioned about SK and NA being quite vocal towards Kelly from the sidelines (I think it was in the Killie game?) but it's probably worth mentioning that there looks to have been a bit of a change in his game since Hammell exited.

Not arguing for a second that he's the international class keeper some of our fanbase seem weirdly fixated on him being but against County it felt like he was coming for (if not actually collecting) a lot more.

Genuinely hope he sees a continued uptick in form.

Also, apropos of nothing...OTD in 1998.

What I wouldn't give for half that team today

To be fair Jack Harper is a bit of a different scenario as he was born in Spain and has lived there his whole life, so not too surprising he ended up playing there.

44 minutes ago, Al B said:

To be fair Jack Harper is a bit of a different scenario as he was born in Spain and has lived there his whole life, so not too surprising he ended up playing there.

It's the equivalent of 6 years at the Man City academy, moved on and now loaned out by Brighton to Gillingham, for context. Has a strong Billy Gilmour vibe about it.

You wonder if thats Bailey Rice effectively saying "use me or lose me".

I doubt he has visions of playing in the Lowland League until he was 18.

I was more meaning you can't really include him in a discussion about Scottish players being on the radar of clubs abroad, when he's not Scottish. Eligible for Scotland through parents obviously, but he's a Spanish kid born in Spain, grew up in Spain, playing in Spain.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You wonder if thats Bailey Rice effectively saying "use me or lose me".

I doubt he has visions of playing in the Lowland League until he was 18.

His da will be raging probably just getting used to the players lounge.