Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

32 minutes ago, Swello said:

Yep - daft wee videos reached their height in the McCall era where most of the first team squad were filmed admitting they fancied Darren Randolph - hard to top that really (although the Bigi/Goat video came close).

The Grant n' Laura era will be remembered for ever more professional/corporate/brand but also more boring stuff. Give me players chipping a golf ball into a bucket over a 60 minute documentary about DT getting his dream move to Celtic any day.

Exactly. It's twitter chill oot.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Yep - daft wee videos reached their height in the McCall era where most of the first team squad were filmed admitting they fancied Darren Randolph - hard to top that really (although the Bigi/Goat video came close).

The Grant n' Laura era will be remembered for ever more professional/corporate/brand but also more boring stuff. Give me players chipping a golf ball into a bucket over a 60 minute documentary about DT getting his dream move to Celtic any day.

I mean, there's probably room for both.

The *award winning media team* stuff was good and genuinely worth a lot of the praise they got for it and I'm not about to knock #creators trying to #create. Having the ambition to put together Copa90 style #content to tell stories with our resources and budget is to be commended but at the same time when it tips over into everything being part of a fixed strategy or letting analytics dictate everything at the expense of...fun it definitely loses some appeal.

There's a definite argument that you probably get a better feel for player personalities from a daft wee video than you do from a really awkward 5 minute sit down with them.

As I say, I understand why we've ended up with our Reserves coverage being a 1 minute montage with the manager audio as a bed (it's because that's the optimum length for a video on socials) but lads...honestly - just let me watch the highlights.

Edited by capt_oats

Until we bring back Twitter updates during matches (not those 15 minute summaries) I’m no interested in the socials…  

(More) seriously though, I did used to enjoy all those footgolf etc videos, but probably watch far fewer of the videos put out now. Don’t really know why this is, maybe because there are more videos on social media these days (in general with news outlets etc) that it’s at saturation point for me and I scroll past a lot. 

11 hours ago, eliphas said:

Maybe it's because I'm 40 or maybe because I've ditched social media...or both. But all I really want is some decent highlights inc reserves, the manager and player press conf and post match reaction on YouTube. 

Highlights would be fine, but I'd be happy to not need to follow the likes of Rangers, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen to find out how our U18's are doing.  

2 hours ago, Antiochas III said:

Highlights would be fine, but I'd be happy to not need to follow the likes of Rangers, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen to find out how our U18's are doing.  

I agree - but a lot of stuff like this is probably a simple case of manpower rather than them not bothering their arse. 

This picture was on Twitter the other day where Kettlewell was photographed with (almost) all the non-playing full time people at the club. A mega-corp it really isn't.

One consequence of having a very good social media presence (and that's where Grant Russell definitely deserves credit IMO) is that it give the impression that Motherwell is a far bigger organisation than it really is.

9 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

before my time. intrigued. do tell

In short:

We were all fucked off at getting pumped every week and getting these on-pitch interviews right at the final whistle. I put a post on here moaning about it and the bold Grant Russell popped up with a P&B account to justify why these exist. 

There's more, much funnier, instances of this but that's a whole other story that's no mine to tell. 

51 minutes ago, Swello said:

I agree - but a lot of stuff like this is probably a simple case of manpower rather than them not bothering their arse. 

This picture was on Twitter the other day where Kettlewell was photographed with (almost) all the non-playing full time people at the club. A mega-corp it really isn't.

One consequence of having a very good social media presence (and that's where Grant Russell definitely deserves credit IMO) is that it give the impression that Motherwell is a far bigger organisation than it really is.

Nice touch.  Assuming it was Kettlewells idea to do this.  Every other MOM and there have been a few is usually just a picture of the Manager unless I forget...

One upside of being several staff down inc CEO. Is the savings in wages we must be making this season !!

29 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

In short:

We were all fucked off at getting pumped every week and getting these on-pitch interviews right at the final whistle. I put a post on here moaning about it and the bold Grant Russell popped up with a P&B account to justify why these exist. 

There's more, much funnier, instances of this but that's a whole other story that's no mine to tell. 

It was interesting that the "shove a camera in a gutted player's face" interviews were quietly canned. I would say that The Thread® was on the right side of history on that one.

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

It was interesting that the "shove a camera in a gutted player's face" interviews were quietly canned. I would say that The Thread® was on the right side of history on that one.

I don't mind them on occasion. Like there was quite a fun one after oor Deano's debut. But when you're getting your pants pulled down every week it's absolutely grim viewing. 

For the most part get them in the sea.

41 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

In short:

Was it an obvious username or did he try to pose as a fan with an alternative view?