Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Certainly something to consider. Kettlewell could be a front with Tommo pulling all the strings behind the scenes. Our own version of the Hopkin/Martindale scenario at Livi. 

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Clichés aside,  I do think Van Veen is due a goal against the Old Firm. I'm not sure he's ever actually touched the ball against Celtic so the Rangers game might be more likely.

He will be suspended soon so may sit out the Celtic game, need to give somebody else a shot at scoring.

33 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

When did St Mirren last finish with more points and a better goal difference than us?

I believe it was 1989 

Even then they conceded 11 more than us

Edited by ropy

Just need to keep it respectable vs the OF. Not gonna deny, the thought of Furlong getting roasted in those games repeatedly especially against Celtic's rapid front line. Don't get the same fear with Max.

Has any presser advised how long Blaney has left on the sidelines? He'd probably be drip fed back in anyway due to the nature of his injury. Just really want to see what Butcher can do in his preferred position. Suspect Kettlewell will be loathe to change the 10 points from a possible 12 formula.

It still angers me were are responsible for over 20% of Kilmarnock's total points.

8 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Aye. Didn't we get 20% of ours from St Mirren, though? We might finish above them yet.

FIngers crossed. I think outwith the OF the order will be Hearts, Livi, Hibs and at present it's a toss up between Aberdeen and St Mirren for 6th. It seems Aberdeen have stabilised to a degree.

If they do end up in the bottom half, our goal difference may be pivotal on the final weekend to gaining a place and the £130k it brings.