Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

47 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Really hope we are talking about extending his deal already . Could see others taking note and nipping in.

Definately agree. 

Guy is class. He’s also very underrated and comfortable on the ball. Nice simple 10-15 yard passes on the deck. very rarely gives it away or plays it out the park. Wins a ball, plays it out, simples. Also is as hard a coffin nail. 

24 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Really hope we are talking about extending his deal already . Could see others taking note and nipping in.

I don't think he showed up in Scotland without being on a list 6 other clubs with similar resources. The way things are now, 3 decent games in a row and someone working at a football club tasked with scouting will get an auto alert notification on their phone about him. Saying that sifting through forum posts, you'd get a decent idea too. I mean on what was on here in October, someone may be inclined to take a punt on Efford as a solution.

I'm still intrigued to see what we look like if Butcher moves to midfield and Blaney backfills with Casey and McGinn. With Big Mandron due back soon as an option too up front.

34 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I will be happy with 8th as long as St Mirren are 9th.

To be fair it is the natural order. They are cocky wee feckers. 

Sooner we rectify it the better 👍

Not totally out of the woods yet, but 10 points clear of 12th with 10 games to go, it would take a mental collapse from here to end up bottom. I can’t see each of the 3 teams below us going on good enough runs to all overtake us - particularly when we all start cutting each others throats after the split. Our goal difference is another extra wee cushion too. 

Playoffs are still a worry, but, like us, both County and Killie have fairly tough run ins to the split. If we can pick up another 3-4 points before the split we should still go into the last 5 games with a wee buffer over 11th. 

4 minutes ago, dezz said:

Not totally out of the woods yet, but 10 points clear of 12th with 10 games to go, it would take a mental collapse from here to end up bottom. I can’t see each of the 3 teams below us going on good enough runs to all overtake us - particularly when we all start cutting each others throats after the split. Our goal difference is another extra wee cushion too. 

Playoffs are still a worry, but, like us, both County and Killie have fairly tough run ins to the split. If we can pick up another 3-4 points before the split we should still go into the last 5 games with a wee buffer over 11th. 

I'm not writing off Easter Road but if you assume that and the OF bring zero, we should still have some kind of gap as long as we don't lose to United and Livi. 

However, we've shown we're capable of long winless runs before and the margins remain fine yada yada...so I'm taking nothing for granted yet.

Aye, without swinging too far in the happy clapper direction (we were pretty bad today imo), we probably have the best squad in the bottom four right now, and Kettlewell is, at worst, a competent Premiership manager. Something unusually weird will need to happen for County and Killie to be 7 points better than us over the next 10 games.

If we were sitting where Killie, County or Utd are now and watching one of them take 10 points out of 12 - we'd be thinking they were away and thinking it was a three horse race.

Also - if we're in the playoff mix, so are St Johnstone who we've reeled in unexpectedly.

I think if we don't lose the plot when we get beat next week and stay vaguely competitive, we'll be absolutely fine. 

27 minutes ago, Swello said:

If we were sitting where Killie, County or Utd are now and watching one of them take 10 points out of 12 - we'd be thinking they were away and thinking it was a three horse race.

Also - if we're in the playoff mix, so are St Johnstone who we've reeled in unexpectedly.

I think if we don't lose the plot when we get beat next week and stay vaguely competitive, we'll be absolutely fine. 

Next week is the Scottish Cup weekend. Our next game is on the 18th.

Its also one of the reasons a win is vitally important right now as we go into this break with confidence. Additionally, maybe some of the other injured players will be fit/train during this time.

53 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The Rangers game is a free hit but if we punch above our weight and they have an off day we'll never have a better chance of beating them.

Dut that post down and blow the cobwebs off it for its 60th appearance.