Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

19 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

Top 6 👀 

Footballs a funny game.

You were doomed about 2 weeks ago while our manager was in the papers last week saying we were looking at top 6.

Now 1pt between us and youve a better goal difference 😂

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Footballs a funny game.

You were doomed about 2 weeks ago while our manager was in the papers last week saying we were looking at top 6.

Now 1pt between us and youve a better goal difference 😂

Yeah, it certainly is.   However, Livi have Dundee Utd up next, and I think most of us Well fans (fearing some horrible collapse in form) would rather have the comfort of seeing Utd beaten again, than keeping Livi within touching distance.   So if you put Livi on 38 and us on 31 and 30, it looks a big gap to close at that point.

45 minutes ago, Ill Ray said:

Top 6 👀 

Well if you rule out getting anything from the OF then if we win the other three remaining games (Easter Road would be tricky) then you're hoping Aberdeen only pick up 5 points from 6 games (potentially 4 if we concede cricket scores against the OF). I'd say probably beyond us in 2022/23.

They entertain Killie who are hopeless on the road. Hearts and the Hunnorum.

St Mirren on 37 still face the OF and Hearts, out their remaining games they will be fine.

After today, Livi don't face anyone in this league that should give them any fear. By far the easiest run in to the split. Would not be surprised to see them to leapfrog Hibs despite being 5 points behind.

The annoying thing is if decisive decisions were made earlier by the board I feel we'd be healthier on the park and with the bank (with the potential for more) than the reality has turned out to be.

Edited by Kapowzer

Shame the fixtures make top 6 completely out of reach, but aim should be get mathematically safe as soon as possible, then start playing players that'll be part of the squad next season, easier chance to break in Danzaki. 

18 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Well if you rule out getting anything from the OF then if we win the other three remaining games (Easter Road would be tricky) then you're hoping Aberdeen only pick up 5 points from 6 games (potentially 4 if we concede cricket scores against the OF). I'd say probably beyond us in 2022/23.

They entertain Killie who are hopeless on the road. Hearts and the Hunnorum.

St Mirren on 37 still face the OF and Hearts, out their remaining games they will be fine.

After today, Livi don't face anyone in this league that should give them any fear. By far the easiest run in to the split. Would not be surprised to see them to leapfrog Hibs despite being 5 points behind.

The annoying thing is if decisive decisions were made earlier by the board I feel we'd be healthier on the park and with the bank (with the potential for more) than the reality has turned out to be.

Surely the time has come to beat Rangers in the league....

I think realistically we should be aiming to finish best of the bottom half in terms of prize money. 

Still until we are mathematically safe 🤷‍♂️. I mean did Hammell not win 3 of his first 4 games. Just saying. 

This however does seem a more solid turn around. 

What impresses me the most about today is that County had 17 shots with 6 on target and got 0 goals. Normally we concede a goal every two shots on target.