Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

Believe it or not, that pint over Christmas was my only visit. A mate suggested breaking up the ridiculously long walk from Motherwell train station to the new century.

I think I've now been in every pub in Motherwell, bar the war office. I'm not in a rush to rectify that...

4 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Had a look at his IG and his most recent photo is him hanging out with Hatate.

Genuinely seems to be having a lovely time. Living his best life.

Absolutely fair play.

Another coach Celtic can snap up from us then.

3 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

If you've got any friends who are expats (the term should be economic migrants) who've every stumbled across a can of Irn Bru in Seattle or a Caramel Wafer in Bangkok and informed their whole feed, this isn't much different.

Maybe @rowsdower can confirm.

I got sliced sausage from a Scottish butcher in LA and told everyone in Christendom.

I'd lose my shit if I found quavers in Kroger.

18 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I'd lose my shit if I found quavers in Kroger.

Potato Scones in Poughkeepsie

Tablet in Target

Empire Biscuits in El Paso (sans Jelly Tot)

If you're in a bind there's a few videos on youtube how to make sliced and what spices you need. And Scottish takeaway kebab/pakora sauce.

2 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Tablet in Target

If you're in a bind there's a few videos on youtube how to make sliced and what spices you need. And Scottish takeaway kebab/pakora sauce.

I make my own pakora, so I'm pretty at home in this thread. I have a mate that does a good paneer curry too. 

5 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Tablet in Target

I’ve never used the sliced or lorne sausage terms, it’s always been square to me.

On 03/03/2023 at 06:13, Kapowzer said:

If you've got any friends who are expats (the term should be economic migrants) who've every stumbled across a can of Irn Bru in Seattle or a Caramel Wafer in Bangkok and informed their whole feed, this isn't much different.

Maybe @rowsdower can confirm.

I got sliced sausage from a Scottish butcher in LA and told everyone in Christendom.

Many, many years ago while living in Hungary. The local Tesco got a pallet of Heinz Beans delivered, I guess in error, and it lay forlorn at the top of one of the isles being ignored by all the locals.

Texts and emails started pinging around the ‘British expat community’ about this discovery and it wasn’t long until the pallet was picked clean.

When living in Ho Chi Minh a local shop got in Irn Bru, but it looked like was only myself and my mate who worked our way through that order. 

9 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

The drunk me couldn't work out that joke last night! 

The sober me just realised I spelled "pedantic" wrong.

Well played.

🤣🤣🙈

I thought it was a TV Ariel