Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

It's very hard to judge obviously but Frail seems like a good appointment and, whether it was the board or SK choosing the profile, an acknowledgment of previous errors.

That was, instinctively, my reaction as well.

I mean, I have no idea if Stephen Frail is a good coach or not but having just had a swatch at his LinkedIn it feels like a choice that's been informed heavily by recent mistakes.

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

There's the 16 minute sixteen second presser.

Interesting he's asked directly about Riku, talks about Tomoaki, covers Max Johnston and as @supermarv says confirms that we've agreed terms with his new assistant.

Exciting.

I got nervous when he started to scratch his forehead, however he did say that the injured players had markers to hit so this may see the end of Lamie’s diagonal punts to that guy in the Hunter stand with the parka on.

On 25/02/2023 at 22:29, ropy said:

The wee interpreter guy celebrated that goal as much as anyone in the dugout.

On 25/02/2023 at 22:36, steelman1991 said:

The wee interpreter guy who's actually a "fitness" coach.

Tommo I believe 

Came across Tommo on twitter the other day. He seems to be having the time of his life, particularly when it came to the Japanese food section in Asda.

On Frail, no idea if he’s a good coach or not, but as others have said an appointment of this sort feels like at least an attempt at learning from previous mistakes.

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Kettlewell definitely likes the sound of his own of voice but I quite enjoy it. Did I need to know that he knows Malky Mackay's dad? Not really, but it's a bit more interesting than Grezza or Hammell's shtick.

That was always what I thought about Craigan when he gave his reserve team interviews and what I always thought about when he was a shout for the full team job. 5 sentences when 1 will do. 

6 minutes ago, eliphas said:

That was always what I thought about Craigan when he gave his reserve team interviews and what I always thought about when he was a shout for the full team job. 5 sentences when 1 will do. 

He was making his way in the game 

1 hour ago, dezz said:

Came across Tommo on twitter the other day. He seems to be having the time of his life, particularly when it came to the Japanese food section in Asda.

On Frail, no idea if he’s a good coach or not, but as others have said an appointment of this sort feels like at least an attempt at learning from previous mistakes.

Wholesome content. 

Laughing at someone actually taking a photo in Asda and posting it on Twitter like it was some kind of world food mecca!!

Reminds me of the story in the paper years ago about the German guy who used come to Motherwell on holiday just to go to the (now long defunct) pub (Brandon Bar?) at the underpass leading to Brandon Parade, as he went to it when he was over here with Dortmund in the 90's.

#MotherwellOnTheMap

5 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Laughing at someone actually taking a photo in Asda and posting it on Twitter like it was some kind of world food mecca!!

Reminds me of the story in the paper years ago about the German guy who used come to Motherwell on holiday just to go to the (now long defunct) pub (Brandon Bar?) at the underpass leading to Brandon Parade, as he went to it when he was over here with Dortmund in the 90's.

#MotherwellOnTheMap

I was in the precinct on the day of the game, I came face to face with a guy in a Dortmund top, I was wearing my scarf.  We nodded and moved on.  Could have been him.

19 minutes ago, dezz said:

Wholesome content. 

strong Competition Winner vibes from this guy - which is excellent. 

Right now he's skipping up Windmill St with 4 packets of Japanese Super Noodles and two bottles of Oyster sauce.

9 minutes ago, Swello said:

strong Competition Winner vibes from this guy - which is excellent. 

Right now he's skipping up Windmill St with 4 packets of Japanese Super Noodles and two bottles of Oyster sauce.

Had a look at his IG and his most recent photo is him hanging out with Hatate.

Genuinely seems to be having a lovely time. Living his best life.

Absolutely fair play.

39 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

#MotherwellOnTheMap

I had a pint in the Brandon bar over the festive period - it's still standing. Sounds like the dalziel arms, which has tried to open under a couple of new names since it shut and failed. 

41 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I had a pint in the Brandon bar over the festive period - it's still standing. Sounds like the dalziel arms, which has tried to open under a couple of new names since it shut and failed. 

Cheers, aye, that's the one, Dalziel Arms, I knew it wasn't the Brandon Bar when I was typing it! 

37 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Cheers, aye, that's the one, Dalziel Arms, I knew it wasn't the Brandon Bar when I was typing it! 

Aye the auld Dalziel Arms. Went on the supporters bus from there a good few times back in the day, including to the 91 cup final. Always interesting. 

Sure i remember being on the M74 on way back from Hampden that day and guys up the back removed the rubber seal and lifted the full back window out, hanging out it waving when the team bus passed by wi the cup on it.

Udon is cracking tbf.

How the Brandon still going is beyond me...only been once and lucky to get out alive quite frankly. I assumed the Dalziel a solid if gradually failing business due to the age of the clientele with a new winning formula not yet found.

9 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

How the Brandon still going is beyond me...only been once and lucky to get out alive quite frankly. I assumed the Dalziel a solid if gradually failing business due to the age of the clientele with a new winning formula not yet found.

I popped into the Brandon Bar on way home from Scottish Cup Final 2011 - (purely as I was bursting for a pee!) - was just me and misses, I was wearing all black, including a black 'Well training jacket...literally 30 seconds in, big scary fella swans right up to me - "are you a copper mate?!" - cue to sink pint and get the f**k out!

Disclaimer: I'm not a copper.

2 hours ago, KirkySuperSub said:

#MotherwellOnTheMap

If you've got any friends who are expats (the term should be economic migrants) who've every stumbled across a can of Irn Bru in Seattle or a Caramel Wafer in Bangkok and informed their whole feed, this isn't much different.

Maybe @rowsdower can confirm.

I got sliced sausage from a Scottish butcher in LA and told everyone in Christendom.