Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

He's also a CAA Base client, which happens to be the agency Pearson works with.

I mean, the links with other clubs started appearing a year ago so it's not like this has happened all of a sudden when his contract is expiring in a couple of months.

This one is from 9th March 2022:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/max-johnston-sheffield-united-luton-26424613

Same agency as the likes of McKinstry it’s who a lot of young Scottish players get tied down to from a young age these days but everything about them is 9/10 drumming up interest in there client and moving them constantly.

Following on from the whole Connor Shields has 4 goals in 4 games for QP chat, I saw Thistle bodied Dundee last night with Barry Maguire starting in midfield.

Since I'm absolutely the type of loser who lurks about on other teams forums I noticed this comment from @Ludo*1 over on TDBF.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The partnership of McGhee & Maguire is up there with the worst CM partnerships I've seen in a long time. I really rate McGhee - I think he's one of our better players - at CH. He's not a midfielder. It needs to stop or it'll cost Bowyer his managerial career IMO.

Maguire too, I don't think he's a terrible player, bit anonymous, bit of a poor first touch but perfectly acceptable mid-tier Scottish talent. Maybe in a 3 man centre he'd be elevated a bit.

Don't think Byrne would work paired off with either of those two either.

Together - they create an absolute vaccum in midfield that just begs for other teams to dominate.

Edited by capt_oats

19 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Maguire too, I don't think he's a terrible player, bit anonymous, bit of a poor first touch but perfectly acceptable mid-tier Scottish talent. Maybe in a 3 man centre he'd be elevated a bit.

Mid to lower championship jobber. The 3 man midfield won't help him. We've tried enough.

5 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I sent an email once. didn't get a reply. I then went on the site got the email addresses for everyone. CC'd them all in and made some emails up (name.Surname@Motherwel.. blah) and they all went through. Got a reply that day.

I am not that c**t usually but f**k it.

Turns out they read the thread, just replied.

1 hour ago, CoF said:

To the poor b*****d who needs to keep up with steelmenonline- I hope counselling is built into your employment contract. 

What's goin on in there? not checked in months

Joining the club and starting immediately, Foster will oversee coaches within our academy at all youth levels.

Alongside this, he will be coaching our Under 16s team and will be involved at Under 18s level. With Stuart Kettlewell’s role of lead development coach vacant, since he became first-team manager, Foster will be coaching the Under 18s until a replacement has been appointed.

Foster began his career at Aberdeen where went on to make over 200 appearances for the Dons.

In his time, he turned out for Rangers, Ross County, St Johnstone, Bristol City and Partick Thistle while also being selected for Scotland duty in 2012.

He was assistant manager with USL Championship side Detroit City for the 2022 season before returning to Scotland earlier this month.

“This is a really exciting opportunity for me at the perfect time,” Foster said.

“Motherwell is renowned for developing young players that go on to have sustained careers within the game and they have some great, young talent coming through with excellent people working here.

“This all makes me feel very fortunate to be given this role and I’m looking forward to getting started.”

Edited by Well Well

5 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Richard Foster new Head of Coaching

Always thought he came across as a bit of a helmet and had no idea he had any real coaching experience, thought he'd just been carving out a career as another of the bland pundit crew on the BBC since he stopped playing. No idea of his credentials so just got to trust the relevant people have done their homework and selected the right man and, well, welcome I suppose (but not to your insufferable Rangers supporting Mrs).

I have no strong opinion on Ricky Fister.

Actually, scratch that, "he was outed by Seb Faure as a vocal Yes voter in a Rangers dressing room which largely toed the Unionist line"...absolutely fine.

Welcome aboard Richard.

So, from the sound of that article he's taking the vacancy that Clarkson left when he was promoted but is also filling in for Kettlewell in the interim?

That still leaves us looking for Kettlewell's permanent replacement plus an assistant manager and a Lasley replacement if we want to go wild.

Edited by capt_oats

25 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Joining the club and starting immediately, Foster will oversee coaches within our academy at all youth levels.

Alongside this, he will be coaching our Under 16s team and will be involved at Under 18s level. With Stuart Kettlewell’s role of lead development coach vacant, since he became first-team manager, Foster will be coaching the Under 18s until a replacement has been appointed.

Foster began his career at Aberdeen where went on to make over 200 appearances for the Dons.

In his time, he turned out for Rangers, Ross County, St Johnstone, Bristol City and Partick Thistle while also being selected for Scotland duty in 2012.

He was assistant manager with USL Championship side Detroit City for the 2022 season before returning to Scotland earlier this month.

“This is a really exciting opportunity for me at the perfect time,” Foster said.

“Motherwell is renowned for developing young players that go on to have sustained careers within the game and they have some great, young talent coming through with excellent people working here.

“This all makes me feel very fortunate to be given this role and I’m looking forward to getting started.”

We are just getting folk aff the telly 

4 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

We don't need a media team if all of our team is in the media.Tim Robinson Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

In addition to those named we have Craigan floating about and OorGraeme can ride that wave to get more appearances on AVFTT.

Mediatastic.