Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

7 points out of 9 for David de Gea and some folk are choking for us to lose so they can get some digs in. The fact we got a draw out this game shows a night and day improvement. We’d have rolled over and died under previous management. 

Deserved point in the end. I was interested to see if the manager could get a reaction after an abysmal first half (something Hammell never seemed to manage). While we weren’t great 2nd half either we definitely improved and that’s a good sign for me.

I was going to moan about his use of subs in the game and then one of them steps up and smashes a great free kick in. So that shut me up.

Good point. The unbeatable Kettlebell juggernaut rolls on. 

What a free kick and a fantastic point. Gut punch for Killie but there you go. Still tight at the bottom and I think we still need to be concerned with the battle below than what is happening above us. Ninth place would be a great finish imo considering how bad we have been. I’d also take 10th with a comfortable gap between us and 11th at this point as well.

:lol: I definitely wouldn't be saying this if I was at the game and had just seen us score a stunner in the 89th minute but County thumping United is far from ideal for us IMO. Feels like a triple(?)-edged sword in that it draws them closer to us, gives them a massive boost ahead of playing us next week and will surely force United into bringing somebody competent in for the end of the season. 

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

:lol: I definitely wouldn't be saying this if I was at the game and had just seen us score a stunner in the 89th minute but County thumping United is far from ideal for us IMO. Feels like a triple(?)-edged sword in that it draws them closer to us, gives them a massive boost ahead of playing us next week and will surely force United into bringing somebody competent in for the end of the season. 

Fox has got another couple of weeks, minimum. Canny be saying on Tuesday that he's your man and sack him at tea time Saturday.

Also they're a disaster so they'll only appoint someone less competent.

Being 7 clear of the drop zone, I'm am now declaring us; safe.

3 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I kinda agree with this. 0-0 or a 1-0 win for County wouldn’t have been the worst. A proper thumping to Utd could provoke big changes in both camps. Hopefully, it is more Utd have totally downed tools rather than County having sorted themselves out.

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Solholm, Slattery and Efford, I think we knew?

Solholm we made our money back on, seems like.

We paid training compensation for Tierney.

Ojala was under contract when we signed him as well.

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Fox has got another couple of weeks, minimum. Canny be saying on Tuesday that he's your man and sack him at tea time Saturday.

Also they're a disaster so they'll only appoint someone less competent.

Being 7 clear of the drop zone, I'm am now declaring us; safe.

This all sounds sensible, but alternatively- they're appointing Ian Holloway, winning their game in hand, recalling Tony Watt through some SPFL loophole and relegating us on the last day. 

Of all the titbits to discuss today, chasing the game we put on (only) SOD, Aitchison and Slattery while ignoring Mckinstry, crankshaw, Tierney and Danzaki.

Can obviously say well done this time but it's a rather damning indictment on them...it's one thing not starting them, ignoring them when chasing a game late on suggests SK sees next to no use for them whatsoever.

Edited by Handsome_Devil

3 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Of all the titbits to discuss today, chasing the game we put on (only) SOD, Aitchison and Slattery while ignoring Mckinstry, crankshaw, Tierney and Danzaki.

Can obviously say well done this time but it's a rather damning indictment on them...it's one thing not starting them, ignoring them when chasing a game late on suggests SK sees next to no use for them whatsoever.

What shape did we go to?