Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

9 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

In a darkened livingroom somewhere in central Latvia a man sits with a full ashtray and a cup of coffee long since gone cold. He mutters to himself in Finnish "Why didn't I apply for an academy role first?!"

Well done!! Brilliant stuff! 😃

11 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

Now the dust has settled do Hibs fans still feel getting rid of Mathie was the right move?

He was apparently sacked because Ross has fell out with him and given Ross didn't last much longer it does look like getting rid was silly especially given our transfer record since then.

The last window Mathie was in charge for was a mess though.

45 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Sliding doors and all that...

Screenshot2023-02-23at09_35_57.thumb.png.864829582ab8e28284c196cfc434b630.png

"His 18 minute routine on "Albanians" in response to the question "what's your favourite ever game" had the crowd in the upstairs room of the Lamb & Flag rolling in the aisles"

49 minutes ago, Swello said:

"His 18 minute routine on "Albanians" in response to the question "what's your favourite ever game" had the crowd in the upstairs room of the Lamb & Flag rolling in the aisles"

The headline also suggests he’s either suspended in it like a cranberry or there’s a big vat melting and he pops out like Marilyn Monroe from a birthday cake.

Aside from having a greying beard, Kettlewell feels like a fairly similarly appointment to Robinson in 2017 to me, although Kettlewell is about 5 years younger than he was then but has more actual managerial experience. Hopefully we can get a similar few years return from him as we did with Robinson. 

34 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Aside from having a greying beard, Kettlewell feels like a fairly similarly appointment to Robinson in 2017 to me, although Kettlewell is about 5 years younger than he was then but has more actual managerial experience. Hopefully we can get a similar few years return from him as we did with Robinson. 

tina turner auntie entity GIF

Kettlewell is probably in my top three favourite County players of all time. He wasn't as technically gifted as Brittain, Lawson, or Vigurs but he made such a difference to the team with his style of play and work rate. One of those players who probably deserves a lot more credit than he gets: he played in all four tiers and never looked out of his depth.

It was a shame things didn't work out as County manager. But I'm quite glad to see him getting another opportunity at this level. 

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

On that point, this is the league table at the point Robinson was named interim after McGhee was binned. We were 2 points worse off than we are now after the same number of games.

Screenshot2023-02-23at14_42_56.thumb.png.f90a58c39654c01af2b79a1eb4e9249a.png

?type=og-image

This was his run to finishing 9th on 38 points...

Screenshot2023-02-23at14_44_51.thumb.png.b1771c484463d0e0951a790b50c3733a.png