Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

13 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

.It's anecdotal but Kettlewell's comment last week that (paraphrasing) he didn't know many of the players personally suggested he hadn't been on the training pitch with them.

I thought that was quite striking. Sometimes these jobs also include helping out at match-days (whether with drills or an extra eye in the stands etc), but Kettlewell was reporting for Sportsound every Saturday.

Edited by bunglebonce

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

A guy in the pub told someone I know that the club were shocked at how little English he spoke. Scouting eh?

don't get me wrong, he might be no bad, but it went from Sods telling Ross Tierney to tell Danzaki where to be, to Sods screaming over to the translator to pass on the message. 

quite interesting hearing the players speaking to each other so clearly. Sods does not shut up, him and Mugabi managed dunachie and Garcia through the game very well, constantly talking to then, Oxborough as well deserves credit for that.

1 hour ago, Al B said:

Ethan Suplee is a very different kinda big guy these days.....

ET.jpg.6cc275a404016d60ecbb2d451ecf1d1b.jpg

I know we actually have thing to discuss now but I follow Ethan on Instagram I think it is as he's in a lot of films I love. His transformation was amazing.

I’m going to admit. I am happy about this and have a pretty good feeling about this appointment. 

If he brings in an experienced no2 and we replace well at the development side this could be a very shrewd appointment. He has experience, has won a trophy as a manager and is very very well thought of it the game. 

Only concern is recruitment but get a recruitment team in who aren’t shanners and we will be fine.