Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

24 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

He's been beat at his near post countless times lately, and being outmuscled at Rovers 2nd yesterday was something you'd get berated for playing amateur on a Sunday.

He gets himself involved with wrestling consistently, and gets caught out on it regularly. Murray had obviously prepped Rovers for this. He seems to get... I dunno, fixated is a bit strong, but he's not comfortable when people get physical with him.

You won't win it, so just remove yourself from the situation and be a goalkeeper, rather than get involved. Every corner was the same.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

I know I am getting old but when the teams came out ‘smoke bombs’ were thrown left and right into the Motherwell crowd, then two were thrown onto the pitch.  These two stained/damaged/scorched (I don’t know which) the surface.

Is that what pyro is about?

Not to mention the one that landed in the disabled fan section and nearly gassed a wee guy.

Arseholes.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Liam Kelly is a charlatan. an absolute impostor. 

Get him to f**k.

I have a preference for a beast of a goalie not a Twink. Liam Kelly is learning towards the Twardzik side of the Twardzik-Randolph spectrum.

Good instinctive keeper but does not command his box the way I like or want. He was intrinsic to keeping us up but more so because he had competence that Chapman had a dearth of.

One thing with a club captain is you better make sure you pick the right guy because as well as leadership qualities and setting standards you also need someone who’s in the top 3 on your team sheet every week.

McHugh, SOD and Hartley all spring to mind as skippers who went through awful form but their status probably kept them getting starts.

On 07/11/2022 at 08:04, well fan for life said:

He's not terrible but he's not the world class goalkeeper some folk think. In our list of keepers over the years I'd probably go.

Randolph

Carson

Gillespie

Ruddy

Kelly.

I said this before but if you want me to elaborate I'd say Kelly sits in the average goalkeeper category. Not great, not a complete dud. He's no Chapman/Samson/Nielsen but he's sure as f**k not a world beater.

I'd put Kelly in a mid tier just ahead of George Long, who whilst at times was a bombscare, had that unreal run of saves at Ibrox in the Playoff game which elevates my opinion on him greatly, then Ripley around them. 

Edited by 21maxwell