Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe he enjoys the CEO job, enjoys working in Scotland, but stopped enjoying working for the club he supports?

Virtually doing the same job, for likely more money, and less personal pressure due to having less of a connection to his employers wouldnt be the worst thing for someone to do?

Absolutely. He's been at 'Well for a long time and probably feels he has done as much as he can, working at a team of our size and with the limited budget and constraints that brings. He's done a decent job overall and time will tell if he has it in him to succeed at a bigger side. I wish him well though, despite the misgivings of some of the bangers in our support, there's no doubting he's a thoroughly decent fella, has gave the job his all, and has a family to look after financially just like the rest of us.

As far as we go, the club needs a freshness from top to bottom, so if this is the start of it, hopefully it's towards an upwards trajectory. 

11 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Ehm, I thought that there would be an announcement of the new CEO for ourselves today as well?

Wasn't that what was promised in the initial resignation letter/message?

For that, you need Aberdeen not to be like a 5 year old on Christmas morning

17 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

💯 spot on. 

I tried to keep it as straight forward as possible. Don’t want to labour the point but certainly won’t be posting any info I might hear any time soon. 

In all fairness mate, the coming out of that kind of info lays completely at the feet of the player. If he is happy enough to say as much as you have posted to a neighbor then it tends to suggest that you are likely not the only person hes vented this frustration to. 

46 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

Yeah and you pulled me up on referencing it too without consulting the original source. Have you since went back to find it to check all the caveats are there? Because I think he covered all bases.

Again, @wellboy1991 should not and can not be held responsible with what others with an agenda do to his words.

I'm sure he did a lot more soul searching and considered how posting it could compromise his relationship. I feel confident at least as much if not more than when you share your repeated tip bits from the boardroom.

Not sure how many times I can say it - this is not a critique on @wellboy1991's specific post. If I've not made that clear that's on me. It's more on the way it can snowball from other people. Wellboy1991 made it clear this is what he was told, fair enough, but I think other's all have a responsibility to caveat it. The majority do but some do not.

On pulling you up - In this case, I didn't even think you were referring to the @wellboy1991 post to consult it. I thought it sounded plucked out the air. But did go back and did notice I'd missed the 'ego' bit from that original reading.

Will I call out someone who I think is being inaccurate or unfair? Definitely. Will I say then if challenged if I've missed something? Definitely, as I did in this case to you.  Will I call you and other posters out again in similar situations? Probably. Will I expect to be called out too? Probably. That's all healthy for me and responsible in a current online world where rumour or heresy become fact very very quickly.

As for my tidbits, they are what they are, what I hear via a contact to one of the board. 

Edited by eliphas

42 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Ehm, I thought that there would be an announcement of the new CEO for ourselves today as well?

No

30 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

For that, you need Aberdeen not to be like a 5 year old on Christmas morning

Aberdeen haven't done anything without the full agreement of those in charge at Motherwell.  Stop yer whinging.   

Will the new CEO make decisions based on what gets said in this thread? 

With him being a Motherwell fan I always liked to think that Burrows would have a look on here now and then and that we influenced some of the clubs decisions. Probably nonsense but I'm 99% sure this thread signed Tony Watt. 

51 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

We'll almost certainly make a bigger impression introducing our new guy on a separate day to Aberdeen, a bigger club unveiling one of the most popular blokes among the Scottish football media.

Clearly if he's not in place it's a bit off but I reckon we will have someone announced sooner rather than later.

I feel like this wouldn't have been much of an issue if he was going to work in a bank.

Hopefully his successor agrees to be mic'd up for the entirety of their reign so that I don't need to hear this "silence is deafening" pish anymore. 

8 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Will the new CEO make decisions based on what gets said in this thread? 

With him being a Motherwell fan I always liked to think that Burrows would have a look on here now and then and that we influenced some of the clubs decisions. Probably nonsense but I'm 99% sure this thread signed Tony Watt. 

He was a well known poster on this site back in the day and I would 💯 guarantee he read the threads. 

Unsure if he still would as it’s obviously pretty toxic but a few years back it’s guaranteed he would have. 

1 hour ago, Phillips455 said:

Nope.

The wording was:

"The Board is reviewing our recruitment options as we consider the sort of person we need to take the club through a new chapter. Alan will continue in post until that replacement is ready to be appointed."

Link

He doesn't take the Aberdeen job until 27th February so I'd imagine we'll be looking to confirm someone before then.

I'm not sure that will be the case. As far as I know we can't take him hostage, so if the Aberdeen thing came about after that initial announcement we may just be getting by with some interim solution until we bring in the replacement/restructure.