Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

In my opinion, if Flow does well at Aberdeen, then after a good few years he will move onto the SFA/SPFL board. I think the fact that he's only been at Motherwell is what stopping him from going there right now.

Then again, comparing the clubs fan bases, as @Swello mentioned, it could be a nightmare to try and continue being as open and engaging as he is now. I wish him all the best of luck (except against ourselves obviously).

It's absolutely an issue of timing and very disappointing that Aberdeen have put it out there - if as their article suggests, a smooth transition was agreed with both MFC and AFC (and presumably therefore Flow) it should have been embargoed until both clubs agreed and put their stories out at the same time to at least let our club try and control the narrative as best they can because right now, you've got an already worried and frustrated fan base looking for leadership on the park and now off the park. 

Aberdeen is a poisoned chalice, as every other person who has made that move from Motherwell (and now St Mirren) has found out over the years - best of luck to him there, he'll need it. 

But right now, we have a team, a coaching staff and now upper management who are very much asleep at the wheel. 

We're in the grubber at the moment but we knew he was going anyway and it always felt likely that he would go to another club (I always had it in my mind that he'd fit in well at Hibs for some reason).

I think the main effect this has (as I suspected) is that any decision on Hammell's future is tied up in all this - basically, they aren't going to sack a manager while all this is going in. Burrows will feel that it isn't his decision to make and the rest of the board aren't going to act without the next CEO being involved (and it would be a big assumption that they are lined up ready to go.

The timing is bad as the next 6-8 weeks are probably decisive on whether we stay up or not. 

Good luck to him.

His career had run its course and he is stepping up and I would imagine for a MUCH bigger salary. We would pretty much all do the same. 

Wonder how he was feeling at 5pm on Saturday 🤔😉.

Timing is however utter shite. A Board without a CEO dealing with a Manager and team in full reverse gear. 

No wonder we have not heard anything and I guess Hammell may get longer simply because this was unfolding. 

Whoever replaces him better be of a decent calibre and be able to make hard decisions because we will certainly need it. I am almost certain also that whoever replaces Flow will be on a bigger salary also. 

I hope we hear from the Board soon on CEO replacement and on field matters also. 

1 minute ago, MP_MFC said:

It's absolutely an issue of timing and very disappointing that Aberdeen have put it out there - if as their article suggests, a smooth transition was agreed with both MFC and AFC (and presumably therefore Flow) it should have been embargoed until both clubs agreed and put their stories out at the same time to at least let our club try and control the narrative as best they can because right now, you've got an already worried and frustrated fan base looking for leadership on the park and now off the park. 

Pretty much this.

It's not the first time Aberdeen have just went ahead with an announce regardless. Declan Gallagher's PCA being a case in point.

They've announced at 10am, it's currently 10:40am and we're still wishing Callum Slattery a happy birthday.

I mean, fucking hell...

2 minutes ago, Swello said:

We're in the grubber at the moment but we knew he was going anyway and it always felt likely that he would go to another club (I always had it in my mind that he'd fit in well at Hibs for some reason).

I think the main effect this has (as I suspected) is that any decision on Hammell's future is tied up in all this - basically, they aren't going to sack a manager while all this is going in. Burrows will feel that it isn't his decision to make and the rest of the board aren't going to act without the next CEO being involved (and it would be a big assumption that they are lined up ready to go.

The timing is bad as the next 6-8 weeks are probably decisive on whether we stay up or not. 

100% this as well.

Stevie Hammell should go for Cheif Exec. He might not have the experience but he'll interview well and have a good plan for progression. 

Wish Alan all the best. Just a fan that's made it into a career. Great story. Hope he does end up at the SFA one day.

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

They've announced at 10am, it's currently 10:40am and we're still wishing Callum Slattery a happy birthday.

I mean, fucking hell...

Maybe if he'd replaced team Grant n' Laura, we'd have been on top of it.

Announced by Aberdeen at 10 - I'm slagging him off less than an hour later - fickle bastart.

It is mental how we view different positions within the football club with a different mindset. At the very basic level, just one man leaving, this is no different to a well-performing player or manager choosing to move to Aberdeen. Imagine your manager was doing well, third in the league etc, and he announced he was leaving soon and then suddenly rocked up as the Aberdeen manager.  Fans would be raging.

Also - this line in the AFC statement is a fucking beauty of its type

“When Alan announced his intention to step down at Motherwell FC we began a dialogue which, I’m delighted to say, has led to his appointment

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

The club aren't making a statement BTW. 

Why bother with a statement, when you can just crank up the general malaise and discontent around the place with radio silence? The whole club is a shambles right now, from boardroom changes, to Park and his carry on, down ultimately to the shitshow on the park.

Aye, for sure the timing is poor and Aberdeen have been a bit unsporting breaking it like that when there should have been an agreement between the clubs on a synchronised announcement, but change is needed and it's needed now. Hopefully this can be the catalyst for it and inject some freshness before we're totally fucked.