Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

I didn't know it was a real word, but according t'internet popinjay means "a person given to vain, pretentious displays and empty chatter" 

If motherwell weren't heading for relegation I may never have learned that.

Did everyone else know it was a real word?

3 hours ago, eliphas said:

About what? The popinjay?

idk if it's what Busta meant, but I saw a screenshot of the much discussed training post being shared on Twitter. Along with a comment saying the board are looking at options/who's available for if/when they punt Hammell. But as a single line comment by someone I don't even follow idk if it's someone ITK or just wishful thinking.

Anyway, back on topic - never been to Norfolk or Norwich but did spend 6 miserable months in Coventry. I am all for pedestrianization though, especially if they put a lane for faster walkers because I tend to walk fast and hate getting stuck behind wee auld dears or people who weave all around and don't leave room to pass.

The funny thing about the "I also heard something like that" replies is that theres a very good chance they just heard it from someone who read that post on here.

Paul Lambert used to manage Norwich. Not sure how he did his shopping while he was there, but he went on to manage Ipswich so my guess is he's against whatever they were doing to the city center at the time. 

Personally, I'm all for Anderoo's fast people lane. 

5 hours ago, rowsdower said:

The funny thing about the "I also heard something like that" replies is that theres a very good chance they just heard it from someone who read that post on here.

Aye.

I noticed that @wellboy1991’s post has also become a hot topic over on SO. Talk about going viral.

From that same thread, it’s interesting to see there are some who are still really quite defensive of Hammell. There are none so blind etc.

As I said the other day I’m not sure it even matters if @wellboy1991’s post is or isn’t true. We don’t look like a well coached team and once you strip away all the noise that’s really the bottom line.

I mean, it’s not exactly a stretch to believe that we’re a shambles on the training ground. In fact, if it would actually explain a lot if it is true.

I watched this documentary once about a hostage situation at North Norfolk Digital radio station. It was caused by one of the DJs who was about to be sacked (who looked suspiciously like Don Revie from another documentary I saw) ended up being resolved by one of the other DJs, believe it or not. Lot of strange things happen in Norwich.

Also Jake Humphrey is from Norwich and he can get in the sea.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Aye.

I noticed that @wellboy1991’s post has also become a hot topic over on SO. Talk about going viral.

From that same thread, it’s interesting to see there are some who are still really quite defensive of Hammell. There are none so blind etc.

As I said the other day I’m not sure it even matters if @wellboy1991’s post is or isn’t true. We don’t look like a well coached team and once you strip away all the noise that’s really the bottom line.

I mean, it’s not exactly a stretch to believe that we’re a shambles on the training ground. In fact, if it would actually explain a lot if it is true.

I think that's all fine but it's also not really fine if something that turns out not to be true suddenly becomes it because it's mentioned and shared enough.

In context it's ok, and the sensible posters on here know how to deal with it. But when it's out of context and presented as fact it becomes an issue. For me anyway. 

I'm talking in general terms now, and probably shouting into a void on the internet, but people need to be careful what they say and be responsible. 

Edited by eliphas

10 minutes ago, eliphas said:

I think that's all fine but it's also not really fine if something that turns out not to be true suddenly becomes it because it's mentioned and shared enough.

In context it's ok, and the sensible posters on here know how to deal with it. But when it's out of context and presented as fact it becomes an issue. For me anyway. 

I'm talking in general terms now, and probably shouting into a void on the internet, but people need to be careful what they say and be responsible. 

:lol:

Yes. To be clear, I'm talking about this VERY specific circumstance rather than taking a general "Yeah, fake news is totally fine" position!

23 minutes ago, eliphas said:

Completely agree and I absolutely regret putting anything on for these exact reasons. 

Lessons learned and it the future will keep it to myself. 

10 hours ago, Blink182 said:

I'm assuming it's the looming relegation that's turning this thread into an imitation of SteelmenOnline.

Hopefully it will pass quickly. 

I think there is a reason heads are going here, SO though was loosing heads when we were 2nd n 3rd.

34 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

Completely agree and I absolutely regret putting anything on for these exact reasons. 

Lessons learned and it the future will keep it to myself. 

Alias account seems to be the best idea